FML

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
Sooooo My Shower Is Less Than 3 Weeks Away & We Have Everything EXCEPT A Venue Like OMG WTF Im Soooo Stressed Im About To Go Crazy & Still No Invites Are Out =(

Comments

• Me neither my babyshower is july 21st an we havent even picked a place!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    what type of venue are u looking for .. Is anyoness houses big enough?
  • My Apt Isnt Big Enough For The Crowd I Invited Im Soooo Ready To Say F It
  • Check with a local community center or church. You might be able to find a decent sized place for free or cheap
  • Do you or anyone have a large yard? Maybe you could rent a nice tent and tables and stuff. That's what we do whenever we have parties.
  • Don't give up on it but u do need to go ahead and book the venue so that people will know ahead of time.
  • Does your apartment have a clubhouse or a community room that is available to it's tenants?
  • What about a nearby park..gazebo (Sp) I'm having mine at a bowling alley they have a party room! Or a local lounge we have a few that's like a bar but they have family rooms in the front..not near the bar at all...shoot I would turn it into a
    slash block party if I absolutely didn't have a place and make it a cook out! If u had that many people...
  • Girl you need to get on the ball bc if you want stuff on your registry (if you have one) people need time to get what you want and need.
    I kno its stressful but its worth it in the end.
    Good luck mamma!
  • Yepp I Checked Everywhere Plus Half Of The Places I Cant Afford & Its Too Hot Outside Its 96° Here Thanks Ladies For The Ideas Thou Im Going To Check More Places Today
  • @mommyy2be Do you have a registry?
    Would Blueberry's mom's idea be feasible? Perhaps you could find some of those huge fans (I think some tent rentals provide them)...

@bayoumamma I did my registries :L that shh... was soo stressful; and on top of that people just bought what they wanted X( . Uhm, hello??? Did any of you read the memo; we were registered at two stores (variety). We probably got about a quarter of the things from the registries :-W
    Did you recieve the things on your registry?
  • @TheSmilingBeauty actually for my first son,almost 6 yrs ago, i hot hella stuff from my registry.
    But I have to agree with you, on this one I got like nothing I registered for. I got mostly clothes, which is fine, but now we need to purchase all the "stuff". Bottles,burp clothes,bath stuff, etc. Guess were going shopping in the very near future...
  • Yepp Im Taking Everybodys Idea =)