Relaxin...

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Ok here goes, so I am 34 weeks and I am in so much pain! My doctor says that my body is producing RELAXIN, a hormone that helps to relax your joints and ligaments..Oh joy!! LOL Well over about the last month the pain has been so intense! I have to sit in a car to commute to and from work for an hour each way, plus my job I sit prob 6 hours and day and the rest is walking, climbing stairs etc. I hurt so much, the only thing that is comfortable is laying on my side with a pillow under my belly and hip and one between my knees. My doctor told me on June 22 that I needed to work less hours or stop completley. UGH, my job can not accomodate me working less hours, I have gone against medical advice and stayed working full time alonq with 2 hours a day overtime jusr because I can not financially afford to be out of my income! Now I think I may have just taken on too much and do not know how to tell my boss that I can not make it any more and I need to take my leave now! She has not exactually been the most easy person to talk to about this, she wasnt happy about me taking off 3 weeks before my scheduled C Section! What to do.?.? Well at least now I got it off my chest..thx ladies

Comments

• She has to accomodate you! You have a condition! How long have you worked there? Do you have short term disability??? Are you full time?
  • @ll10 I have worked here for over 5 years, I would qualify for State Disability and I do work full time 40+ hours a week. The only thing they keep telling me is that if I go into an unpaid status they will take my medical benefits from me as well! OMG I thought they had to accomodate me as well but she says that they can not afford to have someone just here part time...So that is where I am at with that, my doctor is pushing me to take the medical leave btu what do I do if I lose my medical!