how many of you ladies still highlight your hair while pregnant?

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I haven't since I found out i was pregnant and I'm 32 weeks now. I really want to do it but idk :/ doctor said I can but I'm still a little apprehensive about it.

Comments

• I did yesterday lol I'm gonna be 24 weeks!
  • I've heard its better to get highlights then a full hair color
  • @amberlynnoct20th Did the color catch pretty well?
  • edited June 2011
    I have once before, and have one more appointment before my shower. I waited until my second trimester. My cousin does my hair and she dyed hers and worked all through all three of her pregnancies and everyone is perfectly fine! I ask her to make sure it doesn't touch my scalp though, or to try her best anyway. And we keep the doors open for ventilation.

*I get highlights not full color
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Highlights are fine, especially because they don't touch your scalp
  • I did it. My doc ok'd it too.
  • I heard that too! I think its just the smell right?@cici808
  • I do all around color and highlights. There's nothing wrong with it :)
  • I feel so blah without them LOL :)
  • @texasmom3 yes they came out even better then expected. Lol as long as your dr okays you, your fine.
  • Awesome!
  • It's perfectly safe...they don't use ammonia in hair dye anymore which was why it wasn't safe back I'm the day
  • I'm 39 weeks btw and I get my hair done every 3 months or so
  • I used to do my own but with bleach and then I would put a toner over....hmmm maybe I should go to a professional this time around. Don't some stylist use only color to highlight instead of bleach? My hair started drying out :(
  • edited June 2011
    I've been getting highlights throughout my pregnancy. I feel so naked without them.lol
  • I've been a hairdresser for 13 yrs its safe to highlight and color your hair while pregnant. It might not take the same as before but its not going to hurt baby.
  • I bleach my hair (all of it) and dye it ever color you could think of. I did with my first too. I waited till 14 weeks when the Dr gave the OK and do it all the time since. Right now my hair is turquoise and a few streaks of black. Its OK. Just be in a open area where your not like huffing the fumes lol
  • I did in my second trimester..as long as the salon is well vented u should be fine
  • Reminds me I need my hair trimmed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ive colored my hair twice since being pregnant n my daughter fine im thinkn of gettin my hair highlighted! im 37 weeks n 3 days!
  • @caroline8_p me too! Its super long but I'm scared :o
  • Mine is really long too! I usually wear it up cause Im usually home, or its hot as hell outside, but its like 5-6 inches from my butt.
  • I do like normal..multi color. Ur fine. :X
  • Thanks ladies ;)
  • I did it once in beginning of my second trimester but the color didn't come out as nice as usual . I looked up and it is releated hormonal changes so I haven't done it since. I'm gonna go when the baby is born. I will have piece of mind because I worry if it will effect the baby plus have a nicer color :)
  • Im 31 weeks & just did my hair yesterday.. I did color & bleach. I do my hair every month..
  • & it came out perfect just the way i want it
  • I have dyed n highlighted my hair. Highlighting is actually better cause u don't go all the way down to your scalp u will be fine to do so n feel much better about urself after :) if ur Guna dye ur hair make sure its ammonia free