how long does it take to stop bleeding after a miscarriage

edited June 2011 in Loss
This is miserable.

Comments

• Sorry about your loss I have no clue but I commenting to bump your question up hopefully someone that's been through a miscarriage can answer...
  • Firstly so sorry for your loss. I m/c in Feb, I had spotting for 2 days before I m/c & then I bled for a week after. Not sure if this is average or not.
    How many weeks pg were you? & how long have you been bleeding for? Xx
  • Im sorry for your loss. I asked the same thing. Its different with every person. I bled for 2 1/2 weeks and almost had to get a blood transfusion. I hope it ends soon for you!
  • I'm so sorry to hear that bad news. With the mc that I had in march once I started bleeding heavily, it lasted about a week. Hang on there girl and if you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Just take much time as you need to grieve and cry, there is no time limit on when you should get over it. Just know your little angel is in heaven.
  • I had bleeding for about 5 days with my mc at 7 weeks.
  • I was nine weeks heavy bleeding started on sunday
  • I miscarried before at nine weeks and bled for about a week-week and a half. Im sorry for your loss keep your head up Hun.
  • sorry for your loss hub.
    I was bleeding for about 3 weeks when I misscarried. It all depending on how fast you pass it and your levels go down
  • I had a d and c and bled for about a week and half. Sorry for your loss x
  • So sorry for ur loss.
  • edited June 2011
    I think it depends. I just had one in may on a friday morning & by the following wednesday had no bleeding. Just remember no sex, tampons. Or anything up there for that matter.
    I was between 6-7w
  • Sorry I haven't been able to FB u but, it was similar to a period... 5-7 days for me but I have heard others with much longer. Praying that its over soon & your heart can heal. Lots of love to u... I'm here if u need me!!!
  • I was 15 weeks and bled for a week heavily so went back to doctor to find my body wouldn't pass the sac naturally and had to have a d and c and bled for two more weeks just lightly though. How far along were you and how heavy is the bleeding?
  • If its been since Sunday I'd give it a few more days & then if still heavy bleeding check with your doctor. Have you had scan to check it was a complete m/c?
    & I know it won't seem like it now but it does get easier with time xxx
  • I was almost 9 weeks its pretty heavy having cots about the size of a quarter I actually have to wear two pads its basically the flow of a regular period for me except the clots. Sorry ladies for tmi.
  • Yep had a few scans on Monday the sac was at the top and yesturday it was more towards bottom. I think I might have passed it yest but I'm not sure.
  • :( Mine lasted about 8 days I think? Lots of clots.