My crazy SIL!

At my most recent ultrasound the tech told me she was pretty sure we were having a girl. I was so excited so I sent a txt that said Addison Jean is due on 12/28/11. My brother is his wife are upset because she has a child named Madison. They are trying to get me to change. WTF! Her child was 2 years old before we were even part of her life. Should I change my choice? I do not feel it should matter.

Comments

• No its a different name not the same. Btw I love the name that was on our list
  • No don't change it you should put the name you want plus its different names
  • Sure they are similar but it is a different name and they will have different nicknames. Stick with your choice, its your little girl.
  • @newmomma15 @angie87 At first I thought about changing but because of the way they are acting I think it would make them say I changed because of them. @newmomma15 I promise to not be upset if you pick it...lol
  • I say no! Ur baby ur decision if she doesn't like it well tough luck she can be upset all she wants! Ur life doesn't revolve around hers! Lol I'm sorry I have had issues with the name too. So kinda touchy topic I get easily frustrated! But no I don't think u should change it!
  • If u like it than thats all that matters. My name is tiffany lynn n I have a cousin two months younger named stephanie lynn. I also have a brother named dakotta n a cousin named shakota. Who the heck cares. Eventually they will get over it. Plus addison is a pretty name.
  • @jess_jude They are just the spoiled babies of the family. Thanks!
  • @Babynewyear2012 no problem but if u like the name stick to it! Its ur baby I wish u the best of luck! :)
  • Why the names only rhyme . They are not the same and so what IF it was the same.
  • I knew I loved you ladies...she has not said anything to me just the rest of my family. I think it is just crazy!
  • My family had "repeats" my dad is john and so is a cousin. My mom is joanne so is another cousin. My sister is kelly so is another cousin, there's at least 2 cousin joes lol nobody is named after each other plus "sophie/sofia" has been used for first and middle names because of my grandmother.
    I was annoyed at first when we found out hubbys ex was naming her son Giovanni (our daughter is gianna) because she wanted something the girls could pronounce. Then I just laughed (to myself) when she said "its an Italian name but its really popular in Italy" she is not italian and the father is brazilian lol
    The names are different enough but if they continue giving you grief you can always text them to feel free to change.their childs name ;)
  • edited June 2011
    Don't change for them! My family hates the name Achilles but that's going to be my son's name so they just have to deal with it. My dad has been trying to bribe me to name him Cooper. No way in Hell. I knew he was going to be named Achilles before I met his dad!
  • @mrs_shu OMG! I did not think about it that way...love it!

@victoriab I like the name you have and the one your dad likes but just like everyone is saying it is your decision.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's petty. I actualy think its cute for the cousins to have rhyming names. Especially if they grow up to be close. I wouldn't change it.

I have a friend who's daughter will be 6mos older than mine. I'm naming my baby Brielle. Apparently that name was on her short list. I didn't know that when I picked it and that's not what she ended up naming her baby. Now, everytime I tell someone my babys name and she's around she has to say "that's what I was going to name my baby" like I stole it from her or something. Its so annoying.
  • Omg, stupid auto correct! My dad was trying to bribe me, not drive me to name him Cooper. I changed it. But Cooper is my maiden name so yeah, its a cute idea, but there's a reason I changed my last name when I got married.
  • @mommys1stbundle I guess we have to run our names by friends and famiky first for their opinions. Hello did they help us get pregnant or help pay for the baby. People are crazy!
  • Lol I'm having a boy so its all yours! I think you should keep the name though
  • Lmbo, crazy how SIL can be sometime, something similar happened to me Im naming my Daughter Elize, nd she not even prego and told me not to name her that cuz when she gets prego nd has her daughter her name is gonna be Elizabet h im like i dnt give a rats ass its my daughter i can name he r wat i want nd its totally a diff name!so keep wat u choose its ur bby girl ;)
  • If you wanted to name your child Pillow Case you can its your child, :D don't let anyone try to take that away from you. It's you and/or the bd decision. btw I Love the name Addison .
  • If you wanted to name your child Pillow Case you can its your child, :D don't let anyone try to take that away from you. It's you and/or the bd decision. btw I Love the name Addison .
  • Omg my phone is crazy.. so sorry for the triple post.
  • Nobody owns that name.. name her what you want
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hey names are recycleable!! Tell her if she doesn't agree with anyone having to share her daughter's name Madison, then she needs to be in contact with the world and tell them that is only her daughter's name. hahahaha!! Shoot, It is ur child for crying out loud!! you name her how you please and that's bottom line! ahahahaha!! And don't worry, ppl talk crap anyhow. Tell her to pay your bills and if the stupid idiot says no to you, then tell her butt out and concentrate on better things like perhaps being a good mom to her little one. UGH! it sickens me. sorry, i vented. hahahhahaa