just waiting.... *UPDATE*

edited June 2011 in Health
on them to let me know my hubby is done with his surgery! We've been in the hospital since monday afternoon... he has fluid around his lungs that's infected, antibiotics wouldn't get rid of it so they had to go in and put tubes in to drain off the fluid... this has been so nerve-racking for the both of us... he's never had surgery before and with me being 24wks, sleeping on these hospital couches SUCKS!! I'm just ready for us to be able to go home and my lovely husband to be better!! We got moved to another floor when they took him down.. and i'm already NOT liking the nurse on duty.. i wanna go back to the baby floor!! Yes, i said baby floor.. they had no rooms monday so we got put on the baby floor.. their so much nicer down there!! Hope they finish with him soon, i can't stand being away from him when he's sick :(

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • so hubby has been back in the room with me since for about 2 hours.. his surgery went well, he's just really uncomfortable and im not liking seeing him this way :( he has a tube in his side draining stuff (looks gross) and is hooked up to all kinds of things.. he's got him a morphine button drip lol i know he's loving that :) he's been sleeping since he came back, he's only woke up once for me (he was thirsty).. im sitting here bored out of my mind tho cause my mom and his uncle went home not long after he got back.. i miss him being up and aggravating (never thought i'd say that lol) but hopefully when i get back from my baby appt tomorrow (good 'ole sugar test) that maybe he'll be more awake............... meanwhile, i shall sit here bored out my mind, surfing between pregly and facebook :)
  • I will most def keep ur family in my prayers. Hope everything goes smoothly fr ur husband
  • edited July 2011
    just an update on the hubby:: we're still stuck at the hospital.. they took him off all his machines yesterday morning cept his drainage thing.. he doesn't have a whole lot of pain just enough to be aggravating.. the night-time nurses have drove me nuts, the one we had last night was rude and i will be complaining to patient care about her... unfortunately if we're stuck here again tonight we will have to deal with her again.. the surgeon is supposed to be around later and let us know if the tubes will come out today or tomorrow.. im crossing fingers for today BUT won't hold my breath.. we're both just really ready to get outta here and back home in our own beds with our schedule back..

and thanks @roseisamommynow and @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle for your thoughts & prayers :)
  • Hope you guys are able to go back home..for comfort and that will mean he's much better :)
  • hope everything is going good for you guys!!
  • i hope they let you go home soon..