Preparations to help make life a little easier for recovery after baby??

edited June 2011 in Third Trimester
Just curious if anybody has tips or specific things they've done to prepare for those few weeks after bringing a new baby home?

I have considered stocking up on convenience foods and paper plates, cups, etc. just to make things easier. This is my 3rd child, but first time I will have a teen, a toddler and a newborn at the sametime! Any feedback or ideas you ladies/dads have is appreciated!

Comments

• My mom and step mom are coming over and cooking tons of meals that you can just repeat and serve.
  • Try to stock up on things u need on the daily,,, food,tp, pads,things for baby, also if u have pets see if someone can pet sit or just come by to take care of them,
  • I think @katiep8610 has a good idea, maybe make some casseroles you could put in the freezer, thaw and reheat when ready. I saw another gal on a similiar post say she was going to get some stuff from schwanns that's ready to go and doesn't need much prep. Since you'll have a teen, maybe they could take over laundry eetail for a few weeks to help ;) I'm a ftm so I'm not to sure but hopefully this will help. Good luck!
  • @katiep8610 - that's a good idea. I will have to look up some recipes that my family will actually eat. I have a house full of people who don't like their foods to touch each other!
    @MrsLaMaster - I hadn't even thought of our poor guinea pig. I will definitely have to have someone check in on him and feed him.
    @momtb - I'll have to check out Schwanns! I don't know about my daughter and laundry detail... She's good at washing her own laundry, but then it gets placed in a pile in her room until she wears it. That may be one of those jobs I should do myself! lol...

Thanks ladies for your suggestions.
  • My suggestion is make sure you got lots of bottles you don't want to have to wash bottles while your baby is crying bc they are hungry
  • @ARand89 - I think I am all good there!! I am using Playtex nursers and got TONS of drop ins at my baby shower! I just need to sterilize everything, which I plan to do this weekend! ;-)
  • They are making tons of pasta dishes
  • Tell ppl you probably won't be around ur phone much so you don't have to worry about answering it
  • @Rissalee7 - that's a good idea!
  • Get things to take care of yourself ahead of time. Pads, tucks pads, Epson salts for sitz baths, etc.