Moving....1000 miles away any tips??

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I am very happy I got the position I wanted in Denver Colorado!! I start July 18th I moved to Indianapolis in 2008 with my mom at 20 and she left a back to Colorado in 2009. I've just been working, going to school and dating someone of course. But I've always wanted to go home to Denver just have not had the opportunity. I just got that opportunity and I am soooo happy! I will be 20 weeks when I take my drive while my dad follows in a husk with my belongings. Just a lil nervous Bout myself and my precious english mastiff any advice would be appreciated!!

I did drive to Indianapolis in 2008 but I didn't have a baby inside me or a 170lb dog lol.

Comments

• Good Luck! =]

Thats a BIG dog.
  • Great advice on the records thank you! and thank you he is such a huge sweetheart.
  • Stop often for you and the dog. I drove from Florida to Connecticut last August with my sister, my (at the time) 12 yr old,2yr old and 12 yr old dog. Wasn't pregnant at the time but I stopped about every 4 hours and checked into a hotel when thr sun started going down. I had a uhaul attached to my suv and stayed in the right lane going 65 the whole time lol
  • Oh and Congrats on the new job!
  • Thank you @mrs_shu I can see myself doing 65 too lol. It's only 17 hours I can do it!
  • 20 weeks is perfect for driving, belly is not too big and you don't have to pee as much :) get the vet records for the dog too...red roof inn and courtyard marriott are pet friendly hotels....I have moved that distance twice with animals and you can find those hotels anywhere...they may ask for rabies shot info which is where the vet records come in, a tag isn't good enough...
  • @1sttimerarmywife ah I didn't even think of his records thank you! And also I know I will be staying at a hotel so that is good to know.
  • I know I've said it before but...

I LOVE YOUR DOG! :X
  • ...and you're still shockingly pretty. That is all! :p
  • @blueberrysmom thank you! You are the reason I made it my profile picture :-D