Decreased kicking after a fall!!!! advice needed!!!!!

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Ok I fell Saturday coming out the shower. Slipped on the floor because I removed the mat to wash it. So I fell on my knee & hit my arm on the shower ledge....thank God we don't have a shower door....just a curtain. So I was sore & thought I broke me arm. Nope next day I was fine. But now I'm noticing baby's not moving like she was. Very light movement since the fall & decreased movement. I was seeing the kicks. Now I hardly feel them. Also I've been helping clean up today but took lots of breaks. Its almost 12:30 & id go to the ER but should I make hub take me or what.

Comments

• I would go. Peace of mind.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's what I'm thinking...even though its super late here @blueberrsmom
  • Yes... I know how it feels to not know if you should go or not but I fell and broke part of my foot pretty early in this pregnancy and my Dr said to go to the ER immediately. I wasn't really hurt anywhere else but he was very insistent that I go. It's really better to be safe. Good luck hun.
  • Thinking I should go. Hub said he'd take me but he works in the am & I don't wanna feel like a drama queen but I know babys health is more important. I'm 25w5d. Just got out the shower drank juice & giving it a few mins to see if that wakes baby. If not off we go. Hope the er people don't look at me odd for going in the middle of the night though I know it wont be busy.
  • No trust me they have it happen a lot and its partially why they have jobs. Just go and be safe. :) it will at least ease your fears.
  • My OB told me in the case that Im feeling like Im not getting as much movement as Im used to b4 I see her again..I can be doing Kick Counts. She said 8-10 an hour in the AM & PM after meals. Doesn't have to be super hard kicks and wiggles U can see or feel count too. But I'm w/ the rest of the ladies here. Only U know if something doesnt feel right, a mothers intuition. Im a bit of a worry wart I wouldve went, better safe than sorry. BTW took my son to the ER @ 3AM last weekend we were in and out hr and a half twice as fast as usual for that hos. and we had Xrays done so I feel ya.
  • Yeah I would go just to be on the safe side!
  • Did you go? Any news? Hope all is ok!
  • edited June 2011
    What blood type are you? I know it sounds like an odd question but if you are a negative blood type and your bd is a positive blood type you need to go get rhogam because you fell.
  • Sorry I was gone so long. So I fell asleep after this post & next day called th ob. Waited for a call back. So I ate & drank guava juice & just relaxed. So even before I get a call babys on the move. I basically felt the less movements on Tuesday & Wednesday. Well my daughter was gone to the Dells w my aunt & me & hub made up for it....multiple times. Then Wednesday we were doing the babys room. I spackled holes while he ripped up the old carpet & went outside to get ready for trash day. So Wed night I got worried because I felt baby during the day but when I layed down baby was not too active like normal. So Thurs called the dr & finally got the call after babys dancing all am. They said try kicks counts & if I feel the need to head to L&D for a NST. but by that time babys back to normal& I just relaxed. So today bbabys moving on normal schedule!! Thank God. I do tend to worry too much. But kick counts are beyond normal lol. 10 sometimes in less than an hour! But next time I know what to do. Instead of panic. Thanks for support & advice!!
  • Its almost always 10 kicks in an hour & less @Mommy_of_two

@kristaf22 thanks I'm glad we are ok too! Lol Omaha!
  • @Mommy_of_two this happened a week ago. I slipped & fell onmy butt. But everything's good now. I'm happy your lil ones ok too!