Can you feel the heartbeat?

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Last night I was laying on my side and baby was break dancing..so Started to feel around and I got a very fast pulse...I put my other hand to my neck and my heartbeat was slower....is it me or was I feeling my baby's heartbeat? It didn't last long because I felt the baby move away after about a minute.

Comments

• I don't know, but depending on how far along you are, your SO can hear it with no instruments if they place their ear on your belly. With my last baby, hubby used a toilet paper roll. Lol.
  • @Fate LOL Nice! how far when you did that? I am 19 weeks but I plan to ask my OB next friday for sure I am convinced it was the heartbeat
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • maybe its hiccups? i kept wondering what the hell i was feeling and i just now figured it out at 38 weeks. l0l!
  • @FirstTimeMommyToBe lol well I will find out for sure soon! I was told anything is possible ;-)
  • @Ittybitty ohhh hiccups that could be! but it was so fast...I feel sorry for baby if it was lol.
  • l0l .. it does feel like a heart beat i knew it wasnt ..
  • @Ittybitty well you know hiccups make me happy too! signs of life! :-D
  • You feel that right there? That thump, thump, thump. Thats where the heart is. - Novalee from "Where the heart is".
  • Maybe it was hiccups :) I felt something like that too and realized its just my imagination can't be HR so I asked my OB and he said its hiccups :p
  • @luvbump Love it!!! I just watched that the other day! @mommy_yaya Wow!! That is pretty awesome..but it was so fast faster than my hearbeat!
  • Hiccups or your pulse.
  • @luvbump I absolutely love that movie!!!!! : ]
  • There's been a couple times I swore I felt my babies heartbeat but I don't think that's possible
  • If I lay on back stomach moves to baby heartbeat!
  • I dont think its possible especially at 19 weeks...maybe its the umbilical cord. it can sound like a hb when the docs put the doppler on ur belly and it sounds really loud so maybe its that ur feeling.