Wanting a girl...please be kind

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
So this is my 3rd pregnancy, i have a boy and my second pregnancy there was a D&C. now me and my bf have planned for this pregnancy and we are wishing for a girl. I am currently 15weeks and the more and more i think about it i really want a little girl. I am afraid im becoming selfish when i think about our gender US and how disappointed i would be if they were to tell me its a boy. I hate feeling like this because all ive ever wished was to have healthy children no matter boy or girl. this is my bf first child and i guess having him tell me he wants daddys little girl makes me feel guilty in a way if i cant give him that. im afraid ill cry in front of the dr. if we dont have a little girl.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mshahir lol i know i just keep thinking about it. i guess cuz my bf always refers to the baby as "she" and u know we all have instincts and i knew i was pregnant before i even took a test, and this pregnancy has been so different from my first that i somehow believe that it really is a girl. sometimes u convince urself of something and when its not its a let down and i dont want that to happen i guess.
  • You must know its the man who determines the gender :) everybody wants a healthy baby so wanting a specific gender isn't something to feel guitly about. And of you cry, that's ok too! I cried when I found out my youngest was a girl in the 'ultrasound' room lol I cried in the middle of target when I saw a "future mr right" onesie and refused to pick a name until a few weeks before due date. Obviously I fell head over heels for her when she arrived and will feel the same for this one when it arrives...but ill still cry if its a girl lol
  • @2ndbutfirst thanks...i just told my bf that its up to his solders to do the work lol
  • I thought the same thing. But I got the boy I wanted Hopefully you get a baby girl
  • @mrs_shu @mshahir u ladies r awesome :) i know ill love my baby either way, i just didnt want to think i was being selfish with the whole thing u know. it really worried me.
  • You're not selfish hon lol.....come the end of the day you will be stoked either way regardless of what you have :) however I'm sending pink dust your way ;)
  • Just out of curiosity... have you had any dreams on the babys gender? :)
  • I never prayed so hard as I did the night before my gender ultrasound. I owe God big time! :p
  • you sound just like me. i was around 13 weeks and i just knew i was having a girl. (i have a 19 month old boy) i even bought dresses. lets just say im having another boy...i cried for like a week, esp when i had to take those pretty dresses back, but im sure u will just as excited when u get to d-day and c ur beautiful baby boy or girl. Congrats!
  • We wanted a boy so badly, it's the reason we tried for a 3rd. My pregnancy was soo different but in an extreme way... I had a feeling it was twins. I was praying for twin boys! I wanted the 2 of them to be boys soo bad! We now have two more precious princesses! We couldn't be happier. So maybe we'll try once more but use the how to get a boy book this time...
    Don't feel guilty, I got 2 of the opposite gender we hoped for but I'm madly in love w these little ladies!!!
  • @pregoagainYAY thanks and greatly appreciated :)

@wallieheadbaby3 i havent had any gender dreams, ive heard if u dream with a boy ur most likely to have a girl and vice versa...im praying for no dreams right now lol.
  • @Mommyof4girls that is hilarious cuz everyone told us we were gonna have twins since it runs in the family...both sides...but nope just one munchkin in there.

we're so convinced that were gonna have a little girl that all we have picked is little girl things and the name as well...like were all set. we cant wait for the 20th to roll around to find out...but nervous as hell!
  • Lol... this is my third boy and I really wanted a girl in the beginning of my pregnancy this time. I had dreams with all three that they were boys though. Good luck hun!
  • Don't feel bad girl! I wanted a girl too soo freaking bad, we have a 20 month old boy and I wanted it to be our last so I wanted a precious baby girl, but deep down I knew the whole time it was going to be a baby boy and it is but we r so happy and we will just have to try one more time a few years from now! ;;) I think that whatever you truly feel in your heart is what you are going to have
  • I love my twins! It was a painful pregnancy though! I don't wish multiples on anyone. So many people want them and I don't think they understand how hard it is on your body.

After the initial shock, Im sure you'll love your baby to pieces no matter what! I started to cry, but hubby who wanted the boy more than I did, just said it's ok Mommy we'll just have more beautiful little girls. He's the best!!!
  • I'm on my 4th and last pregnancy. All of which happen to be boys. For my first I wanted a boy...but with the last three i REALLY wanted a girl. I cried when I found out #2 was a boy. With #3, I kinda had a feeling he was a boy. With this pregnancy everyrhing has been soooo different I thought (hoped) it would be a girl. Boy was I wrong. I was a little disappointed, but very happy none the less. Didn't even cry. I just figure with all these boys I have....they are bound to give me lots of granddaughters. :p
  • I wanted a girl tooo but I am having a boy... and seriously at first I was really disappointed but now I am super excited... good luck I hope u get ur girl....
  • I'm kinda feeling the same but I want a boy soooo bad ill find out tomarro
  • I Wanted A Boy & Got A Girl I Was Upset At First But As Long As She Is Healthy :)
  • I really wanted a boy with my first pregnancy and I got my wish. With my second I really wanted a girl, I was convinced it was a girl so I cried for days when I found out he was a boy. I felt really guilty for being upset especially since he is the sweetest little boy ever. Now I'm pregnant with my third and I'm finally getting my little princess. Don't feel bad being dissapointed won't make you a bad mom. I'm sure you'll be happy no matter the sex. Good luck, I hope you get your little girl but overall a healthy baby.
  • When I was prego with my first I wanted a boy sooooo bad you have no idea! The day I went for my ultrasound I just knew it was gonna be a girl bc of how badly I wanted a boy.. I now have a. 5 yr old SON! I couldn't believe it. With this one hubby and son wanted a boy I secretly wanted a girl, but for their sake a boy.. and mama got what she wanted again, score!
  • haha u ladies r great. i guess im just psyching myself out about the whole thing. oh and i just found out that a friend of mine who is only a week ahead of me had her gender US and shes having a girl...she wanted a boy... made me so mad i didnt know what im having yet, but happy for her. hubby laughs when i tell him how upset ill be if we have a boy and how guilty i feel about that...he said well just try again, lucky me he wants more than one lol. Thanks again ladies for all the ups ur giving me. makes me feel so much better with myself and my feelings.
  • edited July 2011
    Aweeee, I felt the same way. I didn't want a girl though. I told my bf the same thing about if it was a girl I'd probably cry. Like cry in a sad unhappy I didn't get what I wanted way. I kept feeling like I was being a brat for wanting a boy either way as long as baby was okay I was okay but to find out he had a wenis man was I happy! :) its okay to want what you want, but never ever must you feel you can't give your man what he wants! I'm sure he'll love you the same AANNNDD more. :) when do you find out the gender?
  • I really wanted a boy. But am having a girl. Of course we are very happy she is healthy. Its ok to want what u want. As long as no matter what u love that baby the same. Sending pink vibes your way.
  • im 23wks with my 3rd and final child and its my 3rd boy.. i really wanted a girl but at the same time i didnt get my hopes up.. i kept telling everyone. i dont think im meant to have a girl and sure enough im not.. lol.. it was a lil disapointed but i was also excited to know that he was in good health and that i had another lil boy to look foward to.. they are so fun..
  • I felt the same way. We already have a boy and this will be our last. My husband secretly wants a daddys girl and I'm disappointmented that he won't have that but once I saw my little man on the screen sucking his thumb and waving at me, it all didn't matter to me anymore.