Omg I put regular gas in a dieseal truck...my hubbys gonna kill me..... :( **Update**

So my hubby works in the oilfields..he works two weeks on two weeks off rotating shift from and nights...he worked lastnight came home a 8am this morning and parked his truck behind,my car...i always try to get out the house with my boys during the day so he can sleep and get rested...Well today I dident feel like moving all the cars around..so I desided to take his truck..i went to walmart then took my boys to tacoZebbell...then I noticed he was really low on gas...so,me trying to be a good wife I deside to full up his truck...i go and put gas like nothing and go about my day...so im sitting her watching tv and it suddely dawned on me...Omgggggg I put gas in the truck not diesel....idk what to do...lol...i dont wanna tell him hes gonna have a fit...lol... I guess I gotta call my hero to the rescue...My daddy....omg im shitting bricks right now...lol...any advice....?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If you take it to an auto place can they drain the gas then you can refill it with diesel?
  • I'm not sure but I know that's bad news bears! Don't drive it (so it doesn't run through all the lines) and maybe it could be syphoned out..? Idk for sure but good luck! Don't feel to bad, it was an honest mistake after all :)
  • @firsttimemommytobe I was thinking that just act like I dident do anything but hes gonna know it was me ...lol...
    @msshahir & @kristaf22 thank you I need all the luck I can get right now...i went online to see what would happen it sayes regular gas pieces of metel that clog all plugs to the motor and cause the mother to blow the head gasscetts....omg...
  • If you didn't pump yourself, blame the attendant lol

I ran out of gas driving my dads car once and remembered he kept those gas things in his trunk..I got a whiff of gasoline when I opened it and poured away...it was water. Lol pissed is an understatement
  • I called my dad he said not to move it...thank god the gas sation I put gas at is 2 blocks away from my house...my dad and brother r comming to the rescue..my dad said hes gonna have to drop the gas tanks and leak out all the gas...i feel so bad :(
  • Ahhhh idle but I'm sorry.....fingers crossed for you hon!
  • [-O< PRAY!!!! my hubby did that to the uhaul truck. he put disel in instead of unleaded....lets just say that was a very very expensive move.
  • I NEED YOUR DAD!!! :)
  • Don't feel bad. It's an honest mistake and you were just trying to help.
  • @3itsgonnabe if your husband drives his truck it could lock the motor up and he will have to get the whole thing drained and have the lines bled
  • Omg that's crazy lol it depends how much u put ..
  • You lucked out girl it didn't cycle though it sounds like. Your dad and brother should be able to drain it and be fine! So nice of you to try and do something nice though.
  • Lol...oh the things we women do sometines...good luck hun!
  • lol.... just ask your dad if anyone can empty out the gas tank. And get some diesel fuel instead in one of those red little buckets or whatever you call it. Have him do so. Just go to an auto shop to buy one of those straws to take out the gas of the tank. hopefully that'll help.
  • Ok so my dad brother and hubby got out all the gas....they had to drop the whole gastank and drain it dry....they were laughing the whole time my hubby said hes hiding the keys from now on.....lol I dont blame him I would too... I woke him up when my dad and brother got here...i told him I made a big Booboo...but ima fix it..lol..i told him what had happen ...he ask how far did I drive it with the regular gas..i told him no where just stright home ..when I put the gas it still had 1/4 of dieseal in it so he said that ..theres no way regular gas could of gone in to moter hose yet...i started crying saying I was soooo sorry...he said dont cry it'll be ok....thank god he dident flip out like I thought he would...they were out there 3hours ...i feel so bad but thank god for my Daddy and Big Brother...they always come to my rescue...my huby called in to work he told his boss his truck had some issues today...lol...i know he wanted to say my wife had some issues today...lol so since they had to work all day fixing my mess im taking them out to dinner...thanks to everyone who read my melt down...im just glad I realizedmy mistake when I did and dident hide it it would have been all ..bad...where still paying on that truck :0
  • Awwww.Your hubby sounds nice!
  • @mshahir I know me too...today has been the most stressfull day...lol...i just kept thinking the worst we just got that truck like 1 month ago its 2009 gmc sierra full size truck...its no new new...but its new to us...lol..so I just kept thinking were gonna have to still be making payments on a truck that dont run...and its all my fault...lol
  • @blueberrysmom if you've read some of my older discssions you'll understand why hes being nice...hes still in the dog house...lol
  • I did this to my car once... Had to get towed to my uncles garage. Wasn't funny at all... Still a sensitive subject but hey that's what you get when you argue on the phone with your bd and pump petrol at the same time.
  • Ouch. Just took a look. Yah, he should be nice for a good long while!
  • I used to work as the receptionist in a service department for cars... the mistake you made is very common lol