Bedrest but we are having a...update at bottom. Help!

We had a Post Op visit today and were able to find out we are on team pink! However since my cerclage last week I now get bedrest for the next 26 weeks. We thought I could go back next week but nope she wants mommy to rest. Please pray for my family!

Had a 2 week follow up and u/s today. Of course my cervix is worse. Now it measures 13 mm. with funneling. Can someone please tell me what funneling is? BTW I am 15 weeks.

Comments

• Yay, I hear girls are super sweet :-)

I'm sorry but what is cerclage? Well whtever it is I really hope everything turns out ok, just be strong and maybe you could spend some time reading or learning how to knit if you don't already know how. I've been wanting to learn myself. :-)
  • @momtobe19 I have incompetant cervix that thins and dilates without contractions. I had it done friday and my cervix today was down to 2.2 cm. So bed or couch it is. Thanks for the positive thoughts. I just want my baby girl to be safe.
  • Yay Congrats and take it easy!!!
  • Stay safe mommy, praying for baby girl to bake for plenty of time!
  • Be safe and stay in bed. We can be bedrest buddies!!
  • Woot Woot! Keep your fast-ass daughter away from my innocent baby boy... your lil hussy thinks she's all mature and thangs that she can just skip the next 26 weeks and make her entrance... tsk tsk.. better put her in check!! Lol
  • Aww its good that they found it early... my sil wasn't as lucky. I miss the twinkies so much, they would have been 3 this year. My heart definately goes out to you and your family.
  • congrats on ur girl
  • @ll10 How long are you or have you been on bedrest? Mine has been 7 days and it is already hard.

@babynumbersix lol if her daddy has any say she will be the most sheltered child in the world. He is 40 and this is his first. How is your flood?

@momtobe19 They found it accidently with my 12 year old. So sorry about your sister! I would never want that for anyone. I dread bedrest but it will be oh so worth it!

Thanks for the prayers!
  • @babynewyear2012.. its handled..lol... sad thing is, it happens like once a month. Lmao.. my son maddox has a thing about leaving the water running.. bath, sink, water hose...
  • @babynumbersix lol my bf does the same thing at work. He usually ends up mopping at least once a week cause he over flows the tanks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Strict for about a week. Modifed since 6 weeks.
  • @ll10 what is modified? The nurse said he may change me to that. Sorry I dont mean to sound stupid but I have a 12 year old that still needs a momma also.
  • You can get up for minimal tasks he will give you a time limit like 20 minutes 10 times a day. Sitting and laying the rest of the time.
  • @ll10 that would be nice...when are you due?
  • Dec 16th to the 21st depending on what doctor you talk to. When are you due?
  • @babynewyear2012 Is there a reason you are on bedrest for the rest of your pregnancy? I got my cerclage at 17wks, cervix measuring 2.2cm and was on bedrest for 1wk. Now I'm back to normal activity and cervix is 3cm and holding tight.
  • @ll10 I am due December 28. I just want to make it that far!

@new_baby_in_oct Before my cerclage it was normal 4 cm. I have been having contractions off and on and he tried Procardia to stop them but my blood pressure dropped so we had to stop it. Yesterday a week after surgery my cervix was 2.2cm. My first pregnancy with cerclage went 27 weeks so I think he is just being very cautious.
  • Oh my goodness n ur due @ me right? Dec 27th n they found that out already? Well I'm glad u got that done! Bed rest its not that bad I was on it for ligaments pains which r the worse! !! Light duty for me...I wish u well! I find out my gender July 27 Im inpatiently waiting lol
  • @Babynewyear2012 I kno bedrest sucks bcus I been on bedrest since March I'm so ready for da end of dis month to have it removed I'm due n Aug good luck
  • @blessed29 They told me at 13 weeks they thought it was a girl. Yesterday at 14 weeks she said 90% sure it was a girl. My doctor said at 15 weeks they will know 100%. I wish really bad he would give me light duty but he will not even let me go to the movies.
  • @blackbarbie10 When he takes the cerclage out will you get off bedrest? How have you kept your sanity?
  • I've read that if you have a cerclage with one pregnancy, you'll have one with them all.
  • @potato You are correct. I had one in 1999 with my son. First pregnancy since that timw.
  • @Babynewyear2012 Idk but I think so I'm on bedrest jus to hold her in til its time for her to make her entrance...to b honest I started out doing nuthin but after may I started giving in to going shopping a little for her after my Dr appt bcus She was 2lbs11oz. N may I hope she's over 3lbs almost 4 now but I still have been doing good bcus my cervix had no change da last time I got checked..
  • @Babynewyear2012 I cant believe they would do a cerclage with your cervix measuring 4cm! I wonder if the trauma to your cervix is what caused your contractions and shortening? My docs wouldnt place a cerclage until my cervix measured under 2.5cm. Even with subsequent pregnancies they will not do a cerclage just because I have had one prior, but every doc has different views on cerclage. I'm very glad that you are taking it easy. It is very nerve wracking, I know! Best of luck to you and keep that baby cookin in there! ;)
  • @homebirthadvocate can you explain this to me please....thank you!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.