I COULD OF DIED.

edited July 2011 in Birth Stories
Well almost six or seven months into my pregnancy I sometimes felt like my heart was racing and or skipping beats but that came with tighting of me belly which I thought was braxtion hicks contraction, I really didn't pay it any mind seeing how my pregnancy was so going so well no medical issues just that my iron was low..anyhow in march I opted for an elective c section for many reasons than one ppl at my doc office called me the crazy lady because it was my first and I wanted a c section. So my doc planned it on exactly my due date..the day before the canclled my section I was higly upset about waiting months for that special day had it booked in advance for them to then piss me off. Next day the called me in to do the section went in got hooked up everythings is going good 15 mins before surgery I started going into labor woo that was no fun contraction is a mutha. Walked down to the operating room the stared the spinal rigt away I couldn feel my legs and I hate to feel numb...when he laid me flat I couldn breathe I felt like I was chocking so the had to tilt me up then came this massaive headache that I swore my head would explode....I dnt remember much from the section just that wen the showed me my daughter I cried my eyes out..after waking up from the drugs I still felt like my heart was racing and couldn take deep breaths I told the docs and nurses but no one seem to understand or find a reason why so I got discharged Friday I had the baby the Tuesday on the Saturday I checked my self into the er which they discovered I had a lot of fluid in my lungs my heart was swollen and my blood pressure was high its called peripardum cardiomyapthy (spelling) moral of the story is if ur feel like somethings wrong dnt dismiss it...doc said I could of died if I. Was gonna have a normal delivery caz my heart would not be able to with stand such strain..I was devasted that am in my late 20s and having this problem my daugter was only 4 days old and I could of died leaving her behind in this crazy world we live in with no mom to protect her I just couldn stop thinking about her and what living meant for both of us. Now I can breath and blood pressure down and my heart is not racing anymore caz the gave me water pills so I have to follow in and see what's next if nothing changes they told me they would advise I never get prego again..I will keep u guess updated if anyone cares lol.

Comments

• Wow that's insane! I hope everything goes for the best! Ill be sure to pray for you!
  • glad ur ok, so sorry u hada go thru all that. %%-
  • Praying for you!
  • Omg how crazy... Thank goodness u followed ur instinct. I'm glad to hear everything is ok and u get to raise ur very special gift.
  • Omg. I care. Please keep us updated, and take care of yourself!!! I'm so glad you're doing better now, and that yourdaughter is healthy!!
  • Oh my goodness!!! First, congrats on your baby girl. Second, I'm so glad you're ok! That is so scary. Do the doctor's know what caused the problem and how long you may have had it? Just be glad you caught it all in time. Don't think on the negative, look forward to a long and happy life raising your baby!
  • Wow, good thing you had the c section! I'm sorry you're having all those issues and they don't want you to get pregnant again. Congrats on your little girl, though!!
  • Omg! That's scary! I'm glad your ok! Sorry you went thru that! Treat instinct!
  • Yeah this is a Good story. You are in charge of your own health get 2nd, 3rd, or 4th opinions if necessary. This goes for your children too. If it doesn't seem right its probably not.
  • @ thank u..@tishj330 the cardiologist saiid it happens some preggo women p 1 or 2 months before ur due date caz ur heart is pumping for 2 and after baby is out ur heart gets confused and forgets how to just pump for one.
  • @bensmama thanks hun glad I did too..or I would of been bite the dust..god is good.
  • Oh! That's a scary thought! Are you gonna be on some type of permanent medication or anything? I'm so glad you caught that!
  • Oh wow that's awful! Well take care of yourself and make sure you have people to help you if you don't feel good. That baby needs her mama!!
  • I am so glad that God wanted you alive cuz ur baby needs you. I am very glad. Thank him for giving you that instint.
  • @starrxoxo9 thanks am doing better now but this baby gonna give me a heart attack..sometimes she stiffles on her feed it comes through her nose..so any little moment wen she sleeps I automatically jump out of my sleep..they say it happens to most babies..wish it wasnt mine.
  • @tishj330 the pills they gave me to get rud of the fluid in mt lungs are finished took the last one yesterday..so the said follow up with the doc in 2 weeks until then I won't know and I hope not caz I wanna breasfeed..my poor baby be looking for my boobs caz she can smell the milk but cant have it.
  • Wow that's so crazy thanks for sharing. I'm glad everything is ok! Please do keep us updated.
  • @jtmoon89 that really sucks hopefully I dnt have to :(