braces?

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I just got my braces tightened Wednesday and they are freaking killing me. I can't even eat.. what can I take besides tylenol because that's non existent right now. All I have is excedrin. The box doesn't say anything about not taking it while pregnant. Is it ok to take?

Comments

• I could be wrong but I don't think so.
  • Dang :/ I don't have anything else. Tylenol had a recall here so there are none. What's safe to take?
  • nope no excedrin.i used to take it all the time pre pregnancy and the doc told me that i couldn't take it anymore. it has tylenol, caffeine and aspirin and aspirin is not good for baby.. we just gotta take the tylenol and deal with it lol
  • Here's a list but tylenol is the only thing approved under headache.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/taking-medicine-during-pregnancy
  • I have braces too but learned how to deal with the pain. sorry im no help. how long have u had them on?
  • @cee808 @bluberrysmom @ MrsThompson34 normally I can handle the pain but they put some kind of thing in my mouth that literally pulls your teeth together in 2 weeks. It's Soooo much pressure.. it gives me headaches too:(( awe im happy I get them off before the end of this year!! And I've had them for 4 years!! To dang long lol im sorry im a sissy im just soooooo incredibly hungry so therefore im a grouch Haha
  • Take tylenol and drink smoothies the cold really helps. I work in an orthodontic office and have had braces 2x. It sounds like they put a power chain to close ur spaces and u can be sore for up to 4 days sometimes longer. Also ur wires can start poking ur cheeks once the spaces start to close. Good luck and happy smiles
  • @babynum2andproud its not a power chain. Its these loop things that sit on my gums and he "activates" it by pulling the tension out of it then curling the wire up in the back of my mouth. I had to get 2 teeth pulled to fix my over bite and that's why he put these things in. Its freaking horrible lol but I tried to swish warm salt water around in there but it gagged me too bad ha I took some tylenol pm so I can actually sleep without it irritating me. Thank you though anyway. We don't have smoothies around here but luckily the boyfriends parents own a gas station with my favorite slushis!!! Haha :-bd
  • Oh yeah I have used those before they dontt seem very comfortable I'm sorry. But slushis work good too. Its just a matter of time before u have a perfect smile and trust me its so worth it
  • @babynum2andproud it better be for $4000 Haha that's a lot. But its horrible I swear.. its worse than a powerchain by far. I really appreciate your tips! Especially since you work at an Ortho office!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you:) I appreciate it.
  • edited July 2011
    that sounds painful! poor thing. i would say take tylenol and drink a cold frappucino for the caffeine lol it helps my headaches
  • anything other than tylenol during pregnancy can cause the babies guts to be born outside the body :( i would say def dont take it!
  • Ur welcome anytime good luck
  • @ashleyfew just about every Ortho office and Dentist office around here are non narcotic places. I got some tylenol yesterday so ill just suffer through with the pain lol