White tongue?

edited July 2011 in Babies
I noticed today that the top of My babies tongue is completely white. I always assumed that it was because of her formula /breastmilk, and that was why. However, my dad mentioned he thought it might be thrush?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Top of her mouth, inside of her cheeks?
  • Thrush. Make an appointment for the dr, it can become quite painful
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Check the roof of her mouth and the cheeks to see if its also on there. Sometimes if its bad enough they get little blister lookin like things in the cheeks too. If so then its thrush. My son has it right now and he had to be put on nystatin to clear it up.
  • Both are correct. I could be milk or thrush. When ur next Dr appt. I would ask them :)
  • iI brought my baby to the lactiation nurse at the hospital and she took a look. my son had thrush. I just went straight to the labor and delivery and asked for the lactation nurse :)
  • Maybe thrush. My best friends babys gma tried to scrape it off and she had thrush and it started bleeding! The medicine the dr gave her made her whole mouth turn purple.(like she ate barney)
  • my daughter never had a cough when she had thrush!!
  • I went through this with my first born. I had no idea what it was and we kept passing it to each other. Make sure you treat it. I let it go because I didn't know, and I ended up having to pump and dump until we were both thrush free
  • My cousins baby had that it turned out to be a yest infection