cankles!!!

edited July 2011 in Second Trimester
What the dog shit!!!!

22 weeks and I have no ankles as my 13 year old just laughingly pointed out. My feet are so swollen and tight :( this crap didn't happen till the end last time.

Not fair!! [-(

Comments

• They're just on vacation. They will be back in a few months!
  • @blueberrysmom they better be! Its ridiculous..hubby just went out to track down cold foot gel lol I googled remedies
  • Be sure to talk to your doc about that swelling! >:D<
  • omg i know how you feel! I have swelled up something horrible this pregnancy. my other two i wore my wedding ring to the end. with my second i couldnt wear it the last couple weeks, but i havent been about to wear it this time around since about 22 wks. my calves and ankles are probably my best feature and show lots of muscles, let's just say my legs and feet are the same size. i feel like i have shrek feet! God help me!!!!!! phew- almost there though... i am 31 1/2 wks
  • I feel ya mama! I've been swollen since 16 weeks...dr said is just my job cuz i'm on my feet all day...now....they have creases on them and wont bend!!!! Good luck!
  • @fate I actually called the on call ob at the hospital and they're not too worried since I have no history of clotting or hgh blood pressure. However she agreed it shouldn't take hours and hours with my feet up for them to go down either :/ the right foot always feels tighter than the left as if I had wrapped rubber bands around..like if I were trying to "crop" my toes the way some do to dogs tails lol gonna try warm water and cold foot gel(if he finds some!) and elevate..if that doesn't help Ill go to the er either tonight or tomorrow.

@survivormommie3 I'm almost to the point where I may not soon be able to take my wedding ring off. I figure I have a few weeks left lol
  • I swelled up like that on the 3rd trimester and never had high blood pressure till then and protein in my urine and I was diagnosed with preeclampsia :( delivered the next day. Keep your feet up as much as possible I got to the point where I couldnt weat my shoes anymore. Hope the de helps.
  • I'm 30 weeks and I get that every so often, my boyfriend always points it out. Thanks hun,grr lol
  • @Augustbaby I wish that were the reason..I'm so not on my feet all day.

@maymommy11 I've been wearing my husbands slippers for a week even to 7-11 cuz my right sneaker is so tight. That fear is in the back of my head since my feet didnt swell till the end with my youngest
  • Ya I thought I was going to get it because I read if your like 19, & younger you have a higher chance of developing it and im 19. My fiances mom had toxemia and she was 18. Its so crazy.. I hope you dont have it. If you can check your blood pressure and make sure its not high. I did mine at walmart lol. (i used to work there)
  • awww lol my feet n ankles n wrist r so swollen too :( I have carpel tunnel in my right wrist n doc put my on leave from work. they arent as swollen since ive been off work for two weeks
  • Omg already! I was looking in the mirror today n I seem to lost my curves :( I'm gonna
  • Have to work 2x as hard ...my bf just rolled his eyes