contractions?!?!

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
What do they feel like? I've been having period like.cramping all day and there seeming to be getting worse...I'm 38 weeks preg and having a cs on the 6th...someone plz help...I'm a little worried

Comments

• It feels like period-like cramps to me; how far apart are they & how long do they last? Also, any mucous discharge or bleeding? How long have you been having these cramps?
  • It's almost 9pm they will just send me to er...
  • @veete_devil they are about 5 min lasting 30-45sec each....cramps started yesterday they have become more uncomfortable since then....I try walking through them and seems to help a little
  • I would try to see if they stop or strengthen on their own then. If they intensify, then you'll know it's real & time to go in. You're perfectly fine to deliver anytime, so there's no point in going in super early unless your doctor has advised you to.
  • It does sound like labor to me, but only time will tell unless you go get checked out. If they're not too bad, try to get some rest; you might have a busy day tomorrow! (Or night, lol!) Good luck!
  • I haven't been checked at all since I'm having a cs....I just don't want to have an unexpected suprise...it was hard enough with my first...hoping this time would be easier
  • If you DON'T want a vaginal delivery, then go ahead & go get checked. If you don't care, I would wait & get some rest.
  • thanks I really appreciate you trying to help....I never experienced labor pains with my first so its all new
  • Ugh ive been having the same thing on and off for about 4 days now. Except mines all in my back.. which is how it was with my period:/ im also 38 weeks. The only reason i know its not the real thing is cuz she moves in between. I say if it intensifies, youll know its time!
  • I definitely do not want to have a vaginal birth....I don't do pain....no offence to all you women who are having vaginally I think its great!! It's just not for me and since mu first was an emergency cs it just worked out for me
  • No problem, hun! I know how frustraing it is to ask for help & get little or no response!
    I would time your contractions for the next hour, and if they stay the same or intensify, call your doctor. I've been told to call if I have 4 or more painful contractions in an hour. I hope that helps & wish you luck!!! If it is real labor, consider an epidural; I wanted a natural birth but ended up needing an epi & felt NO pain whatsoever after I got the epi. :)
  • How are you feeling? Any updates?
  • Update- in l&d having contractions....I'm -2...hoping for the best....have a 50% chance of having baby tonight
  • Contractions every 8-12 min apart ...
  • Oh wow. Good luck! You get to see your baby soon. Whoo hoo!
  • Thank you....contractions hurt and are very uncomfortable
  • Oh, wow! I was right! Lol... hang in there & congratulations! :)
  • Update still haven't dialated but contractions are staying consistent....hoping for the best
  • You can do it Mama! :) Good luck!!!
  • Dr sent me home....cervix hasn't changed but contractions are still consistant...Dr said within the next few days....gonna try and get some rest....thanks to you ladies who have been great support....ill update in the morning
  • Update- contractions every 5 min for the last hour....
  • Back in er....contractions are 3 min apart....oh I'm in so much pain....I'm so tierd
  • Update- still waiting on Dr....still in l&d baby should be here today!!
  • yayyy. congrads :)
  • Woo hoo, good luck! I wish it were my turn.
  • Good luck!!! My daughter was born 2 years ago today so its a good day!
  • Update my baby boy will be here around 9:30....they tried everything to keep him in and nothing has worked....he's coming out today!!!!
  • congratulations!!! Have a safe delivery
  • Congrats. My little boy turned 2 yesterday. Update when he is here. Good luck.