to know or not to know?

edited July 2011 in Just for Fun
when your going into labor.. which is better? being induced and knowing your going to have a baby that day or it being a surprise and baby coming on their own?

i go into the hospital to be induced Wednesday and it feels like its FOREVER away.. it seems like time has slowed down since they told me the date.. but if i wasnt being induced then i would get to experience going into labor on my own. BUT if i wasnt being induced than i could be pregnant 3 weeks longer than what i have ..

how do you feel about it?

Comments

• I'd have rather been surprised. I am soo overdue my inductions for Sunday. Now I sit daily thinking of the labor and delivery..stressing lol
  • @jamie77 when was your due date?
    im glad that i am getting induced because i know for a fact that im not going over my due date but i was hoping she would come on her own before than ..
  • Hmm. I'm iffy on that. I had my membranes stripped with my first. I had him at 39wks. With this one I wanted to wait til he was ready but its started to feel like the days are getting longer. I'll be 38 wks next week at my check up, so I think ill decide then.
  • June 25th.. Last Saturday :(
    I did however loose the plug today..no contractions tho.. I was 3cm on Wednsdays appt. Good luck to you!
  • edited July 2011
    @jamie77 oh wow.. have you tried stuff to get labor started?
    @jcmommy this is my first so im really iffy. l0l! .. im impatient though so i guess being induced is a better way for me. well they didnt give me a choice actually// this whole week is going by so slow
  • I went into labor on my own with my first at 37 weeks, it was a nice surprise to go early. With my second I was induced a day before my due date, but made absolutely no progress in the 12 hrs I was at the hospital, so I got sent home. Had to wait a week to be induced again! So at least for me it wasn't a given that I would go overdue! I ended up 6 days late!
  • only do the walking daily n squats..i am too chicken to try funky oil or teas. My week went by slow too!
  • edited July 2011
    @jbandon3 OMG, i would cry if they sent me home after being induced.. was you dilated or anything before you went to get induced?

@jamie77 me too. l0l! .. i cant do the castor oil, i dont want to go threw pain for no reason :-( .. it seems like ive progressed more by sitting on my butt than i did trying to start labor so im back to sitting on my butt. l0l!