RANT!!!..she pulled my little mans hair!

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I was in town clothes shopping for baby and my 2 yr old Harley and was on my way to take him to the toilets when a disabled woman grabbed him by the hair shouting 'curly!!' And all her carers said was 'come on suzy let go that's enough now' and she still didn't let go, my son was in floods of tears so I snapped at the 2 carers saying 'can u please just get her off him!' To which there reply was 'she'll let go on her own' WTH! So I just pulled the disabled woman's hand off my sons hair and one of the carers shouted at me saying 'she would have done that in her own time! We're trying to let her make her own decisions!' You what!? So in the mean time my 2yr old has tears streaming down his face and needs the toilet and you just want me to wait until she's decided to let go! I think not! If she decided she wanted to run into the middle of the road would you let her make that decision?? NO! so don't expect me to just stand there while she's hurting my little boy. It took so much strength to walk away then I herd one carer turn to the other and say 'can you believe she pulled her hand off like that', are you frickin kidding me! I had to go back to my car and sit cuddling my little boy as he was so upset, he even cried himself to sleep (first time he's done that in so long I can't remember) and now he keeps telling me he wants his curls off, my poor baby :(

Comments

• Omg! I would have done the same hun, your poor boy! Honestly, that was insane what the 2 caregivers said.
  • Wow! That's terrible. You did the right thing protecting your son. The woman's caregivers should be ashamed of tbemselves allowing that type of thing to happen. I'm so sorry your son had to endure that
  • woa!!! I would have demanded the name of their carer company, called and complained until every last one of them apologized- sincerely. dang. that's messed up. too bad she can't make the decision to let go- but similar to what you said...walked out in the street, shot a gun, they wouldnt have allowed that
  • poor little guy i would have been very angry. I hope he changes his mind on wanting his curls gone :-(
  • What if she was pulling one of their hair.
  • I agree with @survivormommie3 if you got the name of the company, file a complaint. That was totally out of line for the carers to allow the lady to do that.
    Its your job to protect your son. You did the right thing mamma!
  • I didn't think of looking for a name I was just in utter shock and so angry but it happend outside of a multi story car park so I foned them up and there going to check the cctv and if they find anything they're going to ring me back. I'm not really that angry with the disabled woman, just her carers! Would they have just let her keep pulling until she got bored!
  • I would have called the police
  • Oh no no, when she didn't let go, I would've turned into a psycho mad woman. Good job mama.
  • Omg.. wtf ?? i would had smack the lady.. disabled or not.. she has no right to pull a little boys hair.. wow you sure are a nice a person
  • Uh, no! It's not good of the care givers to let her act out! Jeeze, they need to be reprimanded. What if she keeps acting out and ends up grabbing a dog like that? Some dogs don't take people's s##t and she'd get bitten! She needs to be disciplined instead of being allowed to hurt others, especially children.
  • (Ok I'm going to try and word this without being taken wrong lol just know I'm on your side momma)

I can see where the care givers are coming from, the woman obviously has mental issues and their program is probably one where they do try and give those who are in their care more freedom and a sense of being their own person instead of being an object.
    That being said, what they failed to do was to also keep those around them, the general public, safe along with the woman in their care. Its not like she grabbed onto somesones purse and wouldn't let go, or an adult who would be able to understand the situation. No, she grabbed onto a babys hair and pulled and wouldn't let go. They should have stepped in and stopped her and tried their best to explain to her that what she did was not acceptable. Instead they made you seem to be the bad guy and now you have a baby who is clearly upset by what happened. I hope you are able to find out the company and can make a formal complaint. And you handled the situation better then I would have, I would have lost it if someone, anyone, grabbed my child like that and nothing was done to stop it, and then moving in as a mother should to stop it and being "scolded/made to look horrible."
  • You did the right thing!
  • I would've pulled the caregivers hair and told them I would let go soon enough, that I'm trying to make my own decisions.;)
  • @LittlrFae I completely understand what your saying. I know that she just liked my sons hair as all she kept saying was 'curly' and I just don't think she knew how to express herself properly, I've had a disabled woman grab my arm before but I just laughed it off as the carers took her hand off me and told her it wasn't right, but the carers just didn't do enough and didn't even apologise, like you said hes 2 and had no idea what was going on and he's still telling me he has a sor head and keeps telling me to kiss it better :(
  • edited July 2011
    Disabled or not there would have been some serious throat punches jumpin' off! Okay. Let me edit that. I would throat punch the caregivers since they weren't doing their job.
  • lmao! @nicoleok87 thats exactly what was going through my head on my drive home
  • I'm gonna have to agree with @blueberrysmom instant throat punches to some care givers. I would have snapped if it were my son, especially that young.
  • yea I would've been finding out what the name of their company was and googling it on my phone asap like @survivormommie3 said. She was grabbing the hair of 2 year old child that is of no kin to her at all. She doesn't know you or ur kid. Who does that? Mentally disabled or not, that is completely unacceptable! You're better than me! Kudos on the way you handled it because I would've been flippin out on those caregivers. Nobody's going to be hurting my child and then have the nerve to get mad at me for stepping in. That poor baby :(. Assure him his curls are beautiful and that woman wasn't right in the head and u'll never let anyone hurt him again. I'm sorry that happened dude... :/
  • @mums_the_word - poor guy! I hope they are able to pull something up for you to use so you can file a complaint or talk to someone.
    hugs to the both of you
  • They've managed to get a number to the care home for me and have put the cctv footage on to a disk for me incase I need proof of anything (like them denying it). All I want is a hand written apology so surely they won't put up to much of a fight
  • I hope your lil guy feels better that's horrible that thos caregivers didn't help and made you feel bad for protecting your son. I wouldn't have been so nice. I hope the company does something to them and you get your apology keep us updated
  • You handled the situation very well!! That's just crazy!!!!
  • Srry put I would've dne wat ever I had to do, as parents we have to protect our children..u were completely right and I would've called the police to file a report against the caregivers..they did not do their job
  • Was she just disabled or mentally retarded? I would of been so pissed, everybody would of got it! Its the caregivers job to make sure nothing like that happens. Now they would of been looking stupid if you would of went ape shit on them. Horrible employees! Definitely call the company and complain. Smh I can't believe that.
  • I would have been pissed. Those people should have reacted and told the lady it was not right to pull anybody's hair or touch anything that doesn't belong to her. They were in the wrong.
  • I know this was a while ago just wanted to know if you got in touch with the company and if so what there reply was, I work with adults with learning disabilities and seriously i wouldn't be able to stop apologising to you, i would of removed the ladies hand asap without putting further risk to your child x
  • Yeah same here how did it go
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • One of the women wrote me a letter of apology and the company itself did to. One of the women has been fired though as it was the 3rd complaint made against her in 2 week