how early did u get braxton hicks?

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I'm only 21 weeks but they other day I started feeling, I supose uncomfortable, around the bottom of my belly and across the bottom of my back, and also felt quite heavy down below, it kept coming Angely going for an hour. Could this be braxton hicks? I had them loads from about 30 weeks with my son but they hurt a bit where as this just felt strange, strange enough for me to go home from work anyways.
How early did you all have your first braxton hick contraction?

Comments

• Did your tummy feel really firm when you got them?
    Could be, mine started around 23 weeks I think
  • I couldn't tell, I basically work in a cooler so I wear so many layers and then protective clothing so couldn't feel anything, that's y I'm not sure
  • 23 weeks
  • Mine were later with my first but this time I have had my first this week (23 wks today). Mine don't spread to my back, can't remember if they got like that last time but my bump tightens up, it lasted about 45 secs. I only had one. On my 20 wk scan the woman could see me contracting but I couldn't feel a thing. I sometimes get achey when I have been doing alot, think my body just wants me to slow down. Maybe if you were working hard that's what your body was telling you! Hope you are ok :-)
  • I've probably felt BHC when I was 21+ weeks but didn't even realize it bc they didn't turn, my tummy just got super tight. I started getting the painful contractions after 27wks. It was right after I got food poisoning too. My doc said you get BHC due to lack of water (dehydration) or esp if your intestines are acting up. So drink lotsssss of water! Walking helps too!
  • I'm 24w5d with my second and I've had braxtonhicks for the last almost five weeks. It all depends on ur body type and how in tune u r with ur body as well as if its ur first or not.
  • Braxton Hicks start around 6 weeks believe it or not. You just can't feel them until your uterus starts to crowd your abdomen.