polyhydroamnios

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
So I have been diagnosed with polyhydroamnios which means I have to much fluid. The normal range is 5-20 ml. And I have 22 so its not horrible but its still concerning. The usual things that cause this are down syndrome fetal abnormalities and RH incompatibility. I don't think its down syndrome because I got the nuchal screen at 12 weeks 6 days and did the blood testing and both came back negative. And I have had another detailed ultrasound since then. I guess I kinda just wanted to vent that I'm actually terrified something is wrong with my son, and to hear if anyone else had this and everything was OK. they told me I may have a case of it with no cause. So hopefully that's it and my son is safe. Please pray for us.

Comments

• You're in my prayers, hun. Big hug! >:D<
  • I have no experience with this but I hope everything is ok x
  • @myasmommy2009 I have been diagnosed with poly as well. My fluid levels are currently 31. They don't know why I have it either. I don't have gestational diabetes and the baby looks fine as far as they can tell. Did they do a level 2 ultrasound? I know it's terrifying not knowing what's going on but try not to worry. I'm praying my baby is ok as well. It sucks not having a definite answer huh? Good luck!!
  • Thank you all!!
    @Mnbaby3 wow. How many weeks are you? And no they havnt they did a quick maybe 5 min one and didn't explain anything to me. I had to get all my answers off the internet. I don't k ow if I have gestational diabetes yet I just took the test a couple days ago. And yeah its super scary. I will pray for your little one as well. I hope everything is OK with both our precious little ones
  • Well not trying to scare you..but sometimes those tests do produce false negatives, however I am praying that nothing is wrong with either of you.

Best wishes and hugs
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @myasmommy2009 I'm 35wks2d today. I go in every week for a nst, biophysical profile ultrasound, and then the doc. I would ask for the level 2 ultrasound..it can help ease some of the worry. I'm with ya so with both of us praying our lil boys will be fine! Good luck hun and we just need to stay positive!
    @KalikoJenie thank you for the prayers for us both :-)
  • I agree with @gatorbob focus on the posiive. My levels ended up going down on their own and my daughter is fine :} I'll keep you in my prayers tho. any questions feel free to ask