Cinnamon Tea Experiment

edited July 2011 in Third Trimester
Firstly, last night I tried this and I had horrible contractions for 6 hours, but I was so sleepy I didn't drink another cup which I think would have helped extend the amount of contractions. They were bad last night, woke me up while I was asleep about an hour after I finished my second cup..
So tonight, I have boiled 5 small cinnamon sticks and 10 cloves in about 4-5 cups of water. Boiled it for 20 minutes until dark brown.
Put a bag of Red raspberry leaf tea in a coffee cup with a paper towel over the top of the cup (used as a filter) and poured the "tea" into the cup. Let the tea bag sit for 5 mins while the tea cooled down. Drinking glass number one right now. 2:13am
will keep updating.

Comments

• Good luck.. Hows it taste?
  • It's good. I add sugar to it. Forgot to mention that part.
  • I drank 3 cups of it earlier and had some cramps, then less than an hour ago drank a cup of cumin tea...wasnt that bad so im hoping for contractions!
  • edited July 2011
    I'm on glass number 2. Gonna try and chug this one while i'm soaking in a warm bath. I want to try the cumin tea but I keep forgetting to buy it at the store 3:03am
  • 3:33am first contraction. I hope they are continuous.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Any update? Xx
  • So I did a self check.. To see if my cervix has made any progress.. Friday it was shut and hard as a rock. Now its a finger tip dialated and soft.. So i think the cobtractions are working. I keep getting them on and off. Nothin major but lots of shooting pains going to my cervix
  • @luvbump ... I don't understand how you can check yourself. How do you do it?
  • Good luck labor dust
  • Good luck, I actually love cinnamon tea I add honey and sugar especially during winter:) I will be drinking that once its my time.
  • Ohh..I'm interested in ur results. Trying this tomorrow morning!!
  • Ya how to check or self sweep...i keep hearing bout it.
  • edited July 2011
    This is not easy to do with a big belly so it helps if your man is willing to help...
    Wash you hands of course..
    While standing prop one leg on side of tub or toilet..
    Stick pointer or middle finger up your who-ha as far in as possible and more toward your belly instead of rectum.
    Your cervix um in my own words feels like when your lips are puckered together..
    So if its not soft at all itll feel like the tip of your nose.. If its semi its like your ear lobe and if its soft its like the inside of your cheek.. You can tell if your dialated because there will be like a hole you can stcik you finger in..
    If your dialated you can gently making a sweeping motion with ur finger and i believe thats what sweeping ur cervix means.. Dont push too hard or you can do something to ur water bag..
    Google has pics and what not to show you a more detailed demonstration..
    @ynvtish @mama_busy_bee
  • As far as the cinnamon tea. It wont make you go into labor..but it helps prepare your body for labor.. I mean on friday i was closed and hard and after drinking it two nights in a row.. I had a major change.. My hubby found something for castor oil that requires you not to drink it.. Instead you put it on your stomache with a hot towek over it to help it soak in..and blow with a blow dryer and reapply when its dry.. Contractions are suppose to start within 20 minutes @mommacass @juliansmommy