im so mad at this lady!!

so i was looking on craigslist just for furniture and i come across this post for a baby armoir and a changing table with a ton of storage, which is something i really need for adriens room. it was a set she got from babies r us and it was beautiful! the biggest plus-it was the excact color of his crib, dark cherry wood. I'm kinda a nut when it comes to things matching and sets; i cannot just throw a bunch of random crap together i just can't. and she only wanted $40! SOLD. I e mailed her if she still had it, she responded yes. said i will buy it asap where can i get them. took 2 days of e mail tag and i gave her my number plz call me! i get a call at like 7 am but i don't answer because 1) i had just gotten to sleep hours before from a long shift at work and 2) it was a 400 area code which is really wierd i was sure it was just an automated sales thing or a bill collector (i get a million of those lol). but i get up at 10 and listen to the voicemail an its her. she says she will even take 30 and sh has to get it out of her storage by 3pm. i call back right that second. left a viocemail. call again an hr later. no answer. i call again shortly after and she picks up, at about 12 noon. thank god bcuz i have to go to work at 3 anyway. i ask her where i can go get the furniture and she says " Oh i just gave it to goodwill." so I'm super pissed and i just say OH WELL NEVERMIND THEN. CLICK.
its not a huge deal i know BUT I've been looking for something to put in his room since before he was born! a small dresser, nightstand, armoir, anything! i need something to put his lamp on and i need some storage space in there for a bunch of his stuff like blankets shoes burp bibs washcloths and everything else his closet is full of all his clothes and i still have some i need to put somewhere! sorry bout the rant i was just so freakin excited that i finally found the perfect piece and it was super affordable! and she just GAVE it away! she could've just given it to me!!! its not like i just ignored her or left her hangin around waiting. if anything she's the one who kept me waiting on her responses these last few days id check my e mail 50 times a day waiting for her to tell me when and where and would've been there! so that's my vent just had to get it out. thanks for reading lol

Comments

• nobody feels my pain? so sad.
  • I would be so upset too. She should of just gave it to you! Our furniture is the same color. I wish I would of known before I just took back a whole set because I got two at my baby shower.
  • edited July 2011
    I would've been pissed too. She got u all hyped up and then gave it to good will...hopefully you'll find something else that like before your little man gets here.
  • well its back to my original plan to take an old dresser my aunt is giving me sand it down and paint it to match :/ itll have to do
  • That's effed up! I would have told her a few things
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Try to find out where she gave it to maybe. If its in your area maybe you can still get it!
  • That's not right. Why even put it on craigslist if your not going to follow through with a sale.
  • Could you find out which goodwill? Maybe you could still get it. I would also keep checking craigs list for someone else to post somethin like it. Their adds change so often, I just kept looking and eventually got my glider off of there.
  • I'd be mad too... just keep looking I'm sure you'll find something.
  • Woooow. Why promise to sell it to you and then give it away? :/ that really doesn't make any sense.
  • Dang, that's frustrating!
  • @kayleigh27 the preggo me WOULD have said a few things! I've found that after the birth I'm even more call and laid back than before i got pregnant. could very well be exhaustion tho taking care of an 8 week old completely by myself is harder than i anticipated add on top having a full time job which requires me to care for elderly people (which is even harder than caring for an infant! lol) maybe ill have ya shout a few words for me ;) cuz i definitley feel pissed just can't get the energy to fight a b*tch today haha
  • @Steeny @marie0907 even if i found them, the goodwills out here charge waaayyy too much for their stuff id rather spend money on new stuff if i was gonna do that, id bet they are charging over $100 a piece for those two, something i was gonna get for just $40 >:(
  • edited July 2011
    @excitedforbaby @menemami well now that i think about what u said its probably karma getting back at me ~ a couple years ago when me n my bd broke up i put one of his really expensive watches that i had bought him for christmas one year on craigslist, partly because i was super pissed at him and partly just wanted to see if id get any offers... i don't think i ever really intended on selling it. well anyway this watch collecter responded and really wanted to buy it and i listed it to sell for practically nothing: i think like $50 and i had paid close to 500 for it just two years earlier. well i obviously didn't sell it to him so he mustve felt how i feel.
    what goes around comes back around ladies.
  • @USMCwifemommy101107
    @Jess510
    i will keep looking for sure but ill probably just end up painting my aunts dresser and fixing it up. at least it will have more personal value. but dang that babies r us armoir was so beautiful i really really wanted it she probably paid a nice check for them too.really wish i would've gotten them id would've kept them i my family forever i would've NEVER just given them away like trash :'(
  • @BensMama it was very frustrating but after i vented about that beeyotch on her i felt a little better lol it was angering me all day till i could get on pregly and write it out haha
  • That would upset me.. She coulda waited :/