can you change the way he treats you?

edited July 2011 in Relationships
I have known my husband ....(currently seperated) since I was sixteen. I am almost 33 now. I have put up with a lot of his behavior along with mistreating me for a long time. I always used the excuse that "he is young and immature" "he'll grow out of it". Needless to say I am 7 1/2 months pregnant now with our 3rd baby even though I left him over a year ago because he cheated on me drinks to much and and failed at his business which got us in 100,000 Tax debt......Obviously he's a A**Hole.......but I want to know is once you have aloud such disrespect from someone is there ever anyway to change how they treat you......because I am killing my self trying and its frustrating:(

Comments

• edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • you can't change anyone, they will only change if they actually want to.
  • I know can't change anyone.........I just need to have this baby and get a divorce because I ever since I got pregnant with this little girl the way he has treated me and contiues to treat me even now DISGUST me:( If anyone ever did to her what he has done to me I would be horrified. I don't know why I dealt with it for sooo long.
  • U can't make some one change that doesn't wanna do it for them selfs first
  • You need to respect yourself before you will get the respect you want from him. I agree with what is stated above that you cant change anyone.
    You need to trust yourself and intuition and do what is right for you and your kids.
    Good luck mamma!
  • i think people change constantly but only with their own will:) i think you can influence someone to improve their ways or worsten. honestly after so many years , he may not change into what your hoping for.
  • I don't think its possible to change someone. I've been with my partner for 5 years and I've tried so hard to get him to change and he's just gotten worse and its ended with me being broken basically. I've used the same excuses but enough is enough.
  • Thanks for responding ladies:) I think I just need to let it go and not care sooo much, it's so hard when he's the father of your children and someone I have known for soooo long.