In pain and Im starting to not like my midwives. Kinda long :-/*update* In maternity and assessment

Ok.. So it was hot today of course so my bf and I went to the lake with my little sister and her bf. I was in the water (not even swimming) and a gush of water went inside me and gave me the most pain I have ever felt in my life!!! He had to help me out and as soon as I sat on the blanket I got major contractions and they caused the area that was in so much pain to just throb more. we jumped in the car so I could be in the ac and I called labor and delivery to ask what's going on sense I'm 35 wks 3 days. This is what she said to me:

"the pain from water entering is normal and can be caused by even a bath so that's fine. And the pain in your pelvic area is prob from the baby moving oh and I'm just guessing the contractions are because you decided to go to the beach in the 100 degree weather. Is this your first baby?" I said yes n she said "ok well if you need me, call and just make sure you drink fluids and rest. See u on the 13"

Oooo I was mad. Seriously... No need to talk to me like im dumb. Why not just say "your dumb ass decided to go to the beach!" it was hot - I went to the lake and drank tons of water.

*sigh* I'm about to take a shower and the contractions are easing up but still quite often. Anyone else experience cervical type pain while in water which caused contractions?

*update*
I was woken up at 4 with bad contractions and the baby felt like she was in hyper mode. She always moves a Lot but she's going crazy in there. I called and the new nurse said it is not normal and called me in. I'm laying in here waiting for my nurse. Pls pray everything goes good. :) cervical pain is still real bad.

Comments

• I have never experienced that, and this is my third. I didn't even know that was a possibility since a lot of people relax in baths and water when having contractions. I hope it has gotten better or atleast got some answers.
  • @ash1la it's still hurting. I know it's my cervix and I feel like she's moving around real low. I'm contracting still but am giving it more time before I call again. I hear some ppl feel pain while dilating - could it be that? And if so, while dilated, do you think lake water will cause infection? :-/ lol I'm such a noob :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I could be wrong but I think the baby is still safe from infection unless the water has broke. And all else I can say is keep track of ur contractions, if the gets worse time them and call them back!
  • @babycomingsoon143 I don't remember being able to tell if I was dilating once I started having contractions that was the only pain I felt. If your still having contractions...u should time them and bc your only 35 weeks I would call....if they try to give you the run around or are rude ask to speak to the head nurse. I have no idea about the infection part but what the ladies mentioned earlier makes sense.