gestational diabetes :(

Ughh its so frustrating! I'm hungry all the time and I can't eat most of what I crave :'( I miss my candies and ice cream and a lot of stuff ten more weeks to go!

Comments

• I'm sorry that sucks. But I know how you feel I have it too. I miss my freezer pops and s'mores.
  • @honeybunny thanks I just had to vent I miss my candies so much :/ but oh well its worth it :) how far are u?
  • Is that caused by anything? Sorry to hear tho! Can you do sugar free sweets?
  • It is worth it. I will be 32 weeks tomorrow. How far are you?
  • @finallypreggo- I'm so sorry to hear that:( but look at the bright side, you're almost there.
  • It does suck, but try doing it for your whole pregnancy! I have Type II diabetes, so I have been on a special "diet" since conception! I have about 8 weeks left, so we are almost done!!!
  • edited July 2011
    :( I hv it too n I feel so hungry all the time i ,m 29+2
  • @alilboulding I think its when ur pancreas doesn't produce enough insulin therefore it doesn't breakdown the sugar as it should so it gives u high blood sugar levels but hopefully it will go away once baby is born :) i do buy sugar free sweets but they're not the same :/ but they're better than nothing :)
  • @honeybunny ill be 30 wks on Fri :) ur still a good three weeks ahead of me lucky u :) wish u the best :)
  • @JuliansMommy yes I know but then more weeks seems like forever :o how is ur pregnancy going?
  • @headersue omg I take my hat of for u. I hate checking myself three times a day! :( I can't imagine doing it the whole preg! And yes thank god were almost done :) what are u having?
  • @lubz im 29+3! Just one day ahead of u :) what are u having? And yes hunger is like crazy now a days!
  • @ncouglin08 LOL thanks for the heads up :) ill def cut down on them I def don't want to be gassy all the time lol
  • edited July 2011
    @finallypreggo Yeah I know, Im hving one slice of brown bread wid bits in it (wholemeal) wid one egg or just butter n half or even less cup of milk in the morning n after 3 or so hrs one very small piece of fruit .... U hv noticed for me that if u eat very less sugar levels behave in much better way but idk they tend to go up anyway after evening meas or maybe I eat abit more at tht time coz im TOO HUNGRY...:(
  • @finallypreggo- I imagine the closer you get to your dd the longer the days go by. I've been doing good but I am really looking forward to Sept when I finally get to go on maternity leave
  • @finallypreggo good luck to you as well!
  • yea it sucks.. im take shots before meals and before bed so I can eat what I want at meals as long as I take enough insulin but I like eating smalls meals several times a day but cant do it with this shit :(
  • They told me I had GD too!! They gave me a meter to test for my levels & every since that day I been eating anything I want & check my levels a hr later & they r normal. They are never well over 100 really.... so I continue to eat what I want. I test my sugar 5xs a day. They don't seem to go up
  • I had gestational diabetes too but on the plus side it was such a drastic change to my diet that I only gained 13 lbs my whole pregnancy, I lost all the weight by the time I left the hospital (4 days later), and 2 wks post pardum I am a pant size smaller than when I got pregnant!! Everyone who sees me is amazed I've just had a baby. I have actually stuck (pretty closely) to the moderated carb diet. Also you can find some popsicles. And flavor ices that are lower carb (like 5-7 carbs per serving). I snacked on turkey bacon all the time
  • @finallypreggo I am having a boy. I am due 9/7 but being induced 9/2. I check my sugar about 10-12 times a day but I checked it about 6 times a day before pregnancy. It sucks but oh well. I get lots of ultrasounds and I don't have to do the glucose tolerance test so I am ok with that! Lol
  • I failed my first test now I gotta do a 3 hr one I hope I don't have it its gonna be hard thank god I'm 29 wks