mother facing murder charges

edited July 2011 in Current Events
Anyone hear about the mom from mississippi who is facing murder charges because she was doing cocaine while pregnant and had a stillborn at 36 weeks?

Comments

• What the what? Smh, wth is going on in the world? Coke is a helluva drug as they say! #-O
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Holy wow I say good how dare she when she is bringing a miracle into the world. You know once you know your prego as we all know we no longer live for us we live for the child or children inside of us and also for the babies we may already have.
  • @mommy_of_two well the artticles are more going on about if you have a stillborn then you could be charged with murder if you weren't doing everything in your power to do right by your fetus.. which to some extent I can agree with, but then again, how can you prove a stillbirth didn't happen naturally (although you should make good choices) which kinda would make it to where let's say a cig smoker could face murder charges if they have a stillborn.. I dunno.. just random thinking I guess on my part lol
  • Omg wow.
  • Yeah its pretty hard to prove. But so sad. :(
  • I don't see how murder charges are possible... by law the child has to take one breath to b considered even alive. I don't c how charges can b filed. If that's the case any woman who has deleated a pregnancy should have been brought up on murder charges. I don't think it's right she's a crack head but the law is the law. She wont step foot in a cell
  • @mommy_of_two oh no I agree that you shouldn't be doing things like heroin or cocaine or anything like that while preggers. She shouldn't have been doing that at all and it very well could have been what caused it... some people are worried though that if she get charged with that then it is possible for someone who is a smoker to face prison time if they have a stillbirth..
  • @mandac10 not all laws are national laws.. each state has its own set of laws and apparently in the state of mississippi only the mother choosing to terminate her pregnancy is safe from prosectution. She wasn't trying to abort her baby (not that I think she was trying to kill it either mind you) and so it falls into a gray area
  • Hmmm. Seems fishy. . Idk how I feel about this one really... I think as a druggy lock her ass up! But also I don't. Hunk murder charges are the answer... idk. This is a toughy can they price it was re drugs?
  • @mandac10 no that's just it she is an admitted addict but there was no proff it is what caused the stillbirth, but then again how many times can your prove what caused a stillbirth. I think that what she did was wrong and shell prolly suffer in her own way knowing she lost her baby thinking drugs did it, but to be charged with something like this doesn't seem right to me either, but only because it would put every pregnant woman under scrutiny if it were to ever happen to her and to get arrested for it when noone knows what caused it? I dunno... I def think she should not have been doing what she ws doing and it is possible it did cause it, but if they can't prove casey anthony killed her daughter then they prolly won't or wouldn't get this lady either
  • what gets me is one of the other women in the story....found out her child had down syndrome but chose not to abort and had the baby at 19 weeks so of course it didn't live and now she is being charged for murder????? However people who purposely have half birth abortions (which is intentionally killing someone) is scott free???? soo unbelievably wrong to me!!!! the system is just so wrong. This boggles my mind.
  • @smcox I completely agree.. ill never understan the legal system..