soo terrified:(

So im due on the 12th..
My boyfriend was away at school 6 hours away this past year, & his lease went through last month. He didnt pay the rent last month because he had friends taking a summer class down there who were spose to because they were stayin there. Plus were buying a new car and have been getting everything for baby..
So he gets a phone call yesterday from a neighbor down there who says theres a note on his door about having court this friday!! I guess the kids didnt pay therent last month, and they aaalready are taking him to court!! And hadth nwrve to notify him by putting a notice on the door where he no longer lives.

So basically hes gonna be gone thursday night through friday night. And im so so so scared yhat im going to go into labor:(( it would literally break my heart in half. But hes scared if he desnt go, they can put a warrant out for him ya know?
Plus fri morning im most likely getting my membranes stripped.. :( im just so scared he wont be there

Comments

• Oh lawd. Thats not good. That is a quick court date. Could it be for something else?
  • If he's being evicted through the court, they won't issue an arrest. They will most likely just garnish his wages for the rent owed. He can always call and pay it now and they will dismiss the court date.
  • Yeah, usually if he just pays it, they will cancel it. My neighbor at my old apartment got eviction notices all the time. They start them with the first missed payment because the process takes so long.

Also, if you think he won't be there, you can always ask your dr not to strip your membranes.
  • @karla_with_a_k No its definitely for the apartment, his friend faxed the paper over to us.
    @fate really? See i was thinking that too.. like dont they only issue warrants for criminal chargea ya know? Neither of us have ever been in trouble lol so we dont know what were doing. The only thing is that now theyre saying he owes over 800 for it being four weeks late and having to go through the court. We just dont have that to give right now
  • @laura536 yeah im really thinking about crossing my legs and refusing lol..

okay so do you think if he called and kind of explained the situation they would comply somehow? The other thing is that they changed the locks on his mailbox, and he has two paychecks that went there after he moved and so his friend couldnt get them out..hed be able to pay them if he got the mail. But making a 12 hour trip is the scariest part ya know.
  • Im pretty sure they cant keep his mail..
  • @luvbump thats what i said! But they changed the locks and said that he has to physically pick it up. Which makes sense i guess but youd think he could go through the pist office or something
  • If you talk to the apartment they should work out a payment plan with you. They did with my husband but he never got they court notice so it might be different.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @angieahrens omg we def are. But its like we have no choicr but to try and deal with it now cuz its in his name! So frustrated. I just was so shocked that he already got a court date after the rent being due 4 weeks ago..crazy
    @prayin4aboy thats what i was hoping for! And from what i knew most places dont get a court date after just four weeks..but maybe its cuz it is a college town? Idk
  • Well I hope they can work something out for you! Call them and explain the situation. I know some landlords are aholes but maybe they'll be sympathetic.