Pulling Hair

edited July 2011 in Babies
My baby is a month old, and wakes up a few times a day screaming, because she's pulling her own hair... and I have been reading in on it. Many places state that she's doing it out of stress? I'm worried if this is the case. Does anyone have experience or knowledge on what could cause her to do this?

I attend to her whenever she cries, so I don't know how to lower her stress level...

Comments

• Put mittens on her....and maybe try a lavender bath,,keeping her cool,,and maybe even a pacifier....good luck
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've tried mittens, and they do work, until she gets them off, and then its back to square one. We live in AZ so we keep the house as cool as possible. Thanks for the suggestions @lorinrene. I Will try the lavender bath, pacis just fall out of her mouth after a few.
  • Gosh....poor lil masmas....my son used to scratch at his cheeks.....I hope its not from stress....hope u get to the bottom and find a solution cuz I know it must b stressing u out....Good Luck n take Care
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Try socks instead of mittens they stay on better
  • mine does it all the time! But they diont notice their pulling their hair.. u know they seem to get a hold of everything that touches their lil hand... even if u put your pinky in their hand she ll close a fist. sooo they do taht with hair!
  • Aww, poor bby hope the tips help her. I use socks, they are better than the mittens, his lil hands claw at his face when he's crying for a bottle.