sent home & dilated to 5

edited July 2011 in First Trimester
My coworker is due next monday. Had her appt today she is dilated to a 5 and they sent her home. stripped her membranes & sent her home?! Wtf is this normal??? Shes on her way back to work now.

Comments

• What!? Uhhh no. If your a four they admit you!
  • With my first they stripped my membranes and then sent me home and said come to the hospital when contractions were closer together (i was almost 4 cent.) I enjoyed being able to walk and move around and not laying in a bed. Later when I went to the hospital my water was broke and I was 5 to 6 cent.
  • They do send you home if your not in active labor you can be dialated to 5 and not be
  • But wouldnt they give u pitocin or something?
  • Not necessarily if they haven't scheduled an induction prior they can send you home it depends on the doctor I was a 5 and mine opted to keep me because the hosp wasn't busy but she didn't have too
  • depends.. but yah.. if shes not in active labor.. its pretty obviouse she will progress on her own.. lol.. she just better get to the hos asap when she starts contracting cause she will more than likely deliver quickly..
  • I'm excited for her. I've just never heard of this so I had to ask!
  • Wat if they send u home n the hospital is far away? Wouldnt tht be a risk? (Sry for all the questions im new at this) @leslow @lae3
  • seems like yah it would.. she should just go back and tell them she cant leave.. lol.. no gass and she feels shes not going to make it if she does go into labor..
  • Ok cool. One more question lol wen will they usually sweep ur membranes? Before ur dd? After?
  • Generally it takes about a hr per cm dialated so you would have time to get to the hospital unless your like one in a million now I was only in labor 3 he's that time and it was my second and that is suppose to be fast
  • At my hospital, they keep u at a 4cm. I was at a 3 for a week prior to having my daughter.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • so I talked to her and she said the nurse said she would brake her water. But she didn't want her to because her husband is aways away and she wants him to be there and with her other kids they came fast after her water broke! I'm thinking late tonight or early morning.... Hopefully!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jamiesandefur not always I was dilated to 4 for a month and got dent home once a week until my daughter was 9 days late and I refused to get sent home again
  • @camommy not here. When your a 4 here they admit you.