very stressed and nervous :(

edited July 2011 in Pregnancy and fathers
so just found out yesterday that my hubby was officially offered the job in Alaska. Which means within the next month he will be moving there. This was a decision we had made before when we were just talking about the job. I'm gonna stay here in California til about 3 months after our baby is born so that I can have the support of my parents and friends. So I will move up there in January sometime. He plans on being here for as much time as he can get off in November when our little boy is born. I totally felt like it would be no problem not having him here during my pregnancy as long as he's here for the birth cuz I'll have my parents and friends support. But now that it's real I'm getting nervous and scared about him being gone. He's been sooo supportive and helpful and always there for me for the entire pregnancy. I don't want him to miss anything. But at the same time this is a great opportunity for him. He currently hates his job and this new job is what he wants to do and he is the sole provider for our little family. And since I'm moving back in with my parents I have to switch OB's cuz my parents live 2 hours south of me. Switching OB's at 22 weeks is very nerv racking! I LOVE my Ob I have now and I've had some issues with this pregnancy and my OB is on top of everything and listens to me and all my concerns....I'm currently on bedrest because of signs of preterm labor. I'm nervous that a new OB won't take everything as seriously or won't listen to me as well as my current one. Sorry I just had to get this out cuz I don't know anyone else who would really understand.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • we both decided it would be a lot more stressful on me to move during the pregnancy vs. after. It's hard to explain but I already deal with depression and bad anxiety issues without being hormonal. I'm very close to my parents and can't imagine not having my mom there to help me. I've lived in CA almost all my life...Alaska is a BIG difference. It would prob be a little different if it were in the lower 48, but being on bed rest and all moving that far would prob be really difficult.
  • Wow that has to be stressful but i know you guys will be able to work things out .just try not to stress to much about it love ..

PS. i use to live in Alaska(Military reason not personal choice lol)
  • As a military wife, I know how hard it is to be withoutt your husband for months at a time :/ you sound like you have a great support system sweetie whihc is so important...hang in there, don't forget you have us too! :)