Failed 1 hr glucose...:-(

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I'm nervous about the 3 hr. Anyone fail the 1 hr but pass the 3 hr?

Comments

• I passed sorry Hun good luck. :)
  • I failed the one hour but passed the three hour. It's possible. Dont stress out about it. Good Luck. :)
  • Yeah I did with 2 pregnancys.....good luck....staying for the 3hr isn't that bad honest if u go real early I took my cell phone played some games n b4 I knew it was over......
  • Sorry to hear! Stay positive as you may just pass the 3 hour test. Remember, the 1 hour test is just a "warning" - so stay optimistic.
  • I failed the hour & the 3 hour one...
    They put me in a strict diet & they made me another glucose test the 2 hour one...they will tell me results tomorrow...
  • @All when do they have you do the 3 hour glucose test?
  • I did my 1hr yesterday & passed! (Sorry!)
  • Failed 1 hr passed 3 hr. What was ur# ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks ladies! My number was 150...
  • I failed my 1 hr test last week and took my 3 hr test today. I was kinda pissed cause I didn't really know the full details so I'm gonna tell you so you don't go in blind sided like I did. First they made me fast for 12 hrs. Took my blood, 30 minutes later they took my blood again and made me drink a full bottle of that nasty ass drink and after that they drew my blood every hour for 3 hrs. No matter what you do as hard as it's gonna seem: DON'T THROW UP! I swear I had to keep swallowing cause I did not wanna do that test over again. Good luck hun......just don't puke and you'll be fine. @barb4209
  • I failed both. Now I have to be drinking a pill everyday. And checking my glucose level 4 times a day. My doctor scheduled me to see him every week I'm 30 weeks 5 days.
  • i did last tuesday and today i had to do the 3hr one ill get my results nxt week :/
  • I got a call and failed it I have the damn gd :(
  • I have to do the 2 hour one next week..any tips?? And how long does it take to get results??
  • I failed my 1 hour. I just finished the 3 hour test and I will never complain about the 1 hour one again! This one was awful. The place I went let you leave and come back at the blood draw times, but I felt so sick I just layed in my car in the parking lot with the ac fully on! Glad its over and praying that I pass.
  • @waitingformybaby I'm sorry!! I have my 3 hr next week...what was your # for the 1 hr?? Just curious...
  • @jewlieuh I'm really not looking forward to it. I have heard such terrible stories and I got really nauseous during the 1 hr.
  • I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3. It happens a lot.
  • They didn't even tell me they just said your reults were high
  • I failed the one hour, passed the 3 hour. As long as you pass two draws you'll be fine. For the three hour one I had to fast (all but water anyways) after midnight then I get there they took blood then gave me the same drink I had before only twice as much (which made me lightheaded and sick) then every hour after that for three hours they took blood. Try for a morning appointment because if it is too late in the day you get really hungry and it sucks to take that sugar shit on an empty stomach
  • I failed the 1hr when I was pregnant with my daughter 4 & half years ago & then passed the 3hr test the exact same thing this time. I asked my Dr. about it & she told me that basically the 1hr test is just a screening & that many women fail but pass the 3hr test. The 1hr one indicates that there is a high level of sugar so the 3hr one is way more accurate. When I failed the 1hr it was by like 3~4 points. I'm just so happy I passed the 3hr!!! I'm sure everything will be ok & you will pass the 3hr. Just don't throw it up!! Good luck
  • @barb4209 yeah, it was no fun at all. Its the same concentrated drink as the 1 hour except you have to drink more. Then of course a lot more blood draws. The time actually went by surprisingly fast, but I didn't like the way it made me feel at all. I had plan to run some errands in between draws, but I wasn't sure if I was going to be sick or pass out. So I didn't leave. Good luck with your test. I hope it goes well for you and you pass.