jaundus? sp advice please

edited July 2011 in First time moms
so my baby girl is 3 days old and got test for jaundus at the hospital and passed. Well she's been getting a little yellow and my mom told me to watch her. Her eyes look yellowr. She's been sleeping a lot and not eating as much as she used to. I had jaundce when I was a baby and had to be a glow worm, I used the light thing to get better. Anyways I'm freaking out this is my first baby ad I'm nervous and not sure if I should bring her in or not. Advice pleeeease anything. I will be

Comments

• Oops. Stupid phone. Nevermind the I will be
  • Lay her in the sunlight my son had it when he was a baby I used to lay him in the window. it works
  • @camommy what other symptoms did he have?
  • I don't fully remember he's 11 now. But had a yellowish tinge to his skin the dr had me lay him in the sun a few times a day
  • Yep i did what @camommy...he was yellowih for about 2 days..
  • My daughters biliruben count was a lil high before we left the hospital and they gave her phototherapy. We went back twice to get her tested and it went down. I suggest u go in and get her count all they do if take blood from her heel. Jaundice eventually affects the brain so go get get tested to be on the safe side.
  • My little girl had it and was my blue lite special for 36 hours doctors told me if it was summer to lay her in sun but since it was January we used the belly ribbins lite (sp) my nephew had it and once again we laid him in the son and it was gone with a few days
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mylittleman2011 @Beatrice1436 @rachb okay so I don't know if I'm freaking out but is like her rolling her eyes up bad? She's been reeal sleepy so I don't know if its just her with sleepy eyes. I thought the doctor said something about her rolling her eyes at the hospital..
    @Mommy_of_two I will try that. Sun is setting now and I called the on call doctor so I'm asking just to be safe
  • I cant remember how my son was it was 4 yrs ago..but just call the dr and ask :) and see what they say...
  • I have no idea about eyes rolling I would call dr and definately find out if I were you. Please keep us updated @minirip
  • Breast milk also helps. Also put her by a window in the morning for about 15 mins
  • @Mommy_of_two @Mylittleman2011 thank you ladies. The on call doc said no red flags are waving but to go in tomorrow to see her doc. She ate wondferfully and was up lookin around so things are already looking better. First mommy jitters :)
  • Watch to make sure the yellow doesn't reach her knees, if it goes all the way to her knees then call the doc asap, and yes sunlight is good, take her on some walks throughout the day, just make sure she isnt out for too long so she didn't get burned.
  • Thank goodness!!
  • Samething with mines dey just told me put her near window n to keep track of her wet diapers just keep ur eye on it n if u sense sumthin wrong call ur pedriatric :)