Home births with a midwife

edited February 2011 in Third Trimester
Anybody else out there having an all natural home birth? I am super excited about it but get so much negative feedback I'm just curious how other pregnant women feel...

Comments

• both my children were natural labor and birth I tried home water birth with my second son but there ended.up being complications and was rushed to the hospital but plan on doing all natural with this one as well just too scared about home birth after last one
  • I want a natural birth, but not at home. My apartment is almost all carpeting. Something tells me thats not a good idea.
  • I wish I could my mother is a midwife but I'm in the military and they don't allow it :( I have seen all my sisters have awesome home births. I have 10 neices and nephews... its the best way I think ;)
  • My mom used midwives for my brother and me while my dad was active duty. Maybe it's changed in the last 25 years.
  • Awww. That would be so cool to have your mom deliver your baby! My mom had a eight of us at home and my sis had both of hers at home.. one of which were breech.. it was incredible
  • I want to have a home water birth, but with my 1st two there was complications, getting stuck. My son ended up with a birth injury, so for me I don't think its a possibility. But rats so cool that you are!
  • *that's* stupid phone lol
  • I had my first two in the hospital but the last six at home. We are having a homebirth this time as well. Jwigs - my first homebirth was in a fully carpete apartment! Way do-able!
  • i wish i could! but theres no one around here who will help me my friend had one a few years ago, but her midwife and ehr team moved acroos the bridge to baltimore so now theres really no one to be here! its so frustrating.
  • I am going to the hospital, but my hospital has an all natural birthing center within it. So I am planning on using that. My doctor doesn't want me to deliver at home because I have diabetes and high blood pressure but he is willing to let me use the birth center instead of the regular labor and delivery.
  • wish i could but im not in the financial position to do so.. and i dont think my man would be on board.. i love watching the home birth the baby comes out all peiceful looking and just seems like such a happy experience.. i will have to stick with hospital cause thats what my insurence covers.. good jobs to the mommys that get this experience. they always try to push meds on you .. in the hospital.. the night before i had #2 they kept trying to give me a sleeping pill to help me sleep.. i had to tell them three diff times no.. i know whats best for my baby they dont.. ugh.. they just didnt want to have to deal with me through the night .. i didnt even call any one in till like 5 in the morn so i did fine.. lol.. i got epidural.. but before that i was in pain quietly.. the nurse tryed to push demeral on me.. same story.. i had to tell them repeatedly.. like i want my baby to be sleeping when hes born.. the nurses can be annoying.. they kept coming in and out of my room all night as i was falling asleep.. like leave me the hell alone ill let you know when i need something .. lol..
  • I had a natural birth with my daughter labored at home with my hsbd and rolled into hospital to meet doc and doula @ 10cm dilated. So we decided to do it at home this time with a midwife and no doula. That way, my daughter can be with us, which is really important to us. As long as everything goes well, we'll set up the tub here but I'm not sure I'll deliver in it yet. We'll see what feels right at the time. Don't let others bring you down! Here's what I tell them: "I've educated myself about the statistics and details of home births and like what I see. If you are interested or concerned, you should learn more, it's amazing what a healthy low-risk pregnant woman is capable of! Thank goodness for hospitals and obstetricians, high-risk women and babies really need them. But I don't!" I don't feel the need to justify my choice to people, it's not worth it. Some people have their minds made up. I just tell them I loved giving birth and can't wait to do it again in the way that makes sense for our family. It's also easy to offend women who haven't had a positive birth experience so I try to respect everyone's choices.
  • Yay I love hearing all your stories:) more power to you mamas who are able to have a homebirth! Hospital birth is so totally ok too :) not dissing it at all, Its personal preference..
  • Still no baby? How much longer can u go on
  • edited May 2011
    Omg @fat_bob I know right! My mw wasn't worried because the baby is small so she said she won't mess with anything down there til Friday :( two.weeks.late.then. boo oh well, how are you doing?
  • Good I end up getting the 24hr flu yesterday so I was in the hospital for awhile but still no baby and I have giving up on trying to induce I tried everything but the castrol oil bc I'm to scared so I guess my lil man will just come when he is good and ready lol well I'm sending all my baby dust ur way cause u deserve to have that baby now
  • Aww that sucks for sure, don't give up lol keep trying early it will help I'm sure, its worth a try.. I mean yeah he will wait til he's ready but making him a little less comfy might help ;) ah I'm still so scared to try castor oil.. and yes thanks for the baby dust I am so effing ready lol I cry all the time just wanting it out.. best of luck to you and keep me posted! @fat_bob
  • Ok and u do the same
  • midwives aren't allowed to practice homebirths in my state.. :( my husband and i were considering it until we found that out..