what do you think about this name?

edited July 2011 in Baby names
Hubs came up this name, and I don't really know what to think about it.. its unique, but.. idk. What do you think of when you hear it?

The name is shelsea.. pronounced just like that SHELL-sea.. we also would need a middle name if you have any ideas.

Comments

• Cute and unique!
  • .... lenae.... shelsea lenae (luh-nay)
  • I like Lenae! that's a good one! Thanks!
  • I'm on the fence...it's different, but I either think you're someone who really likes the ocean or you're mispronouncing Chelsea.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol @laura536 actually, we do really like the ocean. But I don't know if that's how if came up with it.. and the mispronouncing thing is one of the reasons I'm worried about it.. thanks for being honest, too! ;)

@USMCwifemommy101107 I really like it too! So glad @doodles came up with it because I was at a loss!
  • Glad you weren't offended! I do like lanae for the middle name!
  • Shelsea Lanae sounds great :)
  • yea it does have a good ring to it and its very unique!
  • :(:(:(.. got a no go on Lanea from hubs.. says its too close to an ex's name. Any other ideas?
  • I met a gir named shelsea

Eve
    Lynn
    Grace
    Faith
    Skylar
    Yesenia
    Yasmine
    Bree
    Leeya lee-yuh
    Tiara
    Leigh
    Kaylin
    Jazz
  • How about shelsea breann?
  • @preggointx wow! I've never heard of anyone else having that name! Thanks for the suggestions too!

@momof22be hubs said no, again.. :( he's super picky!
  • Shelsea Michelle? Or this is what we do we use a family members name as our kids middle name it sounds old school but oh well my sons middle name is my dads first name and our baby girl on the way is gonna have his mothers first name as a middle name ask him and See what he thinks good luck Hun
  • @momof22be Michelle is his baby mama's name, so that's out, lol... but thanks for the suggestion. His mom's middle name would work with shelsea tho! And I kinda like it! Shelsea Kaye.. nice!
  • edited July 2011
    Did he say ok to his moms middle name then? That's my moms middle name too but hers is just k and we r using it with his moms first name as our daughters middle name like jasmine samran-k. :)
  • @navywife thanks for your honest input! That was one of the problems I was worried about. He wants it to be SHELL-sea.. but I'm going to have to bring it up to him on the pronouncing thing tho. Thanks, I'm not offended at all!

@momof22be he likes it! Yay!