Extreme pain in ribs

edited July 2011 in Third Trimester
Im 34 w 5 days and I have the most horrible pain on the right side of my ribs cage. It hurts to breathe sometimes. I can't roll over in bed, and the only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm standing. If I bend over it is very painful as well. Has anyone had this?

Comments

• You could have a rib popped out, your rib cage could just be expanding. Or u could have baby's foot, hand etc wedged in ur rib cage. Or a severe case of gas! I would probably call the doc just to be sure!
  • Thank you @jbandno3 I'm going to give them a call in a couple minutes!
  • It could obviously be something else, but those are the first things that came to mind. This is my third baby! I hope its nothing too serious, but that u can get some relief.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was feeling the same way and it got to the point it hurt when i wld breathe. I went the er and they said i had pleurisy. Omg it sucked but im better now.
  • @jbandno3 @mommy_of_two @bayoumamma thank you for your advice. I called my doctor and since I have a severe headache swollen feet and the horrific pain in my side they want me to go into l&d to get checked out. It kills me breathe and to move at all so hopefully they can help me find something out. I hate having to go in. :-(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck mamma! Dont feel bad about going in. Take care of yourself!
  • I am 33 weeks and had a horrible sharp pain directly at my lower right rib. It was so intense that I started crying and throwing up. Went to l&d and it turns out I was having a gall bladder attack. The first time it only lasted a minute or two and the 2nd time it last a half hour. There wasn't anything they could do for me. Just said watch what I eat.
  • I have 3 broken ribs right now and that sounds like the exact same thing I am going thru- shortness of breathe, can't move without pain, can't lay on side at all! Good luck to you I hope all is ok
  • @britni24 that's what I was worried about because I was so sick. Thankfully its not my gall bladder. I have 2 cracked ribs.
    @mylittleman2011 I'm so sorrrrry about your broken ribs I can seriously understand how much pain your in. I have 2 cracked ribs as I said above. They gave me vicodin and I feel bad taking it because of my little sweetheart. But it is the only thing that makes it so I can get through my day. Without it I can't even move AT ALL it hurts to go to the bathroom from pushing. I hope you start feeling better sweetie! How far along are you? I only have a couple weeks left thank god!
  • @kkj09 I am 17+6 weeks I still have a long way to go :( I understand not wanting to take the pain killers im going on 5 weeks on norco less Tylenol supposedly then vicodin and OB keeps telling me he would rather I take the pain killers and be out of pain then the stress of pain that would put On my body then onto the baby. Hope u feel better also hope labor goes by ok with those ribs good luck to u :D
  • My right rib hurt if I bend over,slouch(sometimes), and turn half of ny body.
  • How long is it normal to keep having rib pain? My pain last allllll day night weather im laying down or standing and moving.
  • Im 29 weeka