Bassinett???? Or other sleeping arrangements????

edited July 2011 in Sleep
Is anyone using a pack n play as a bassinett I planned to just get a normal one but after looking online the attachment on the playards that turns it into a bassinett for infants seems pretty cool and the fact that it has multiple uses has me very interested...

Comments

• I reaally wanted one too! Im due next week amd just dunno bout the extra 160 right now cuz we have eeverything else lol
  • And now I'm looking at the rock n play sleepers... they have great reviews but I feel like my little princess would fall right out....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am! I'm a first time mom so I don't have any basis to compare it to weather it will work better then a bassinett or not but were gonna try it! We have a Graco pack n play with a bassinett attached and a 'new born napper station' (for while there teeny tiny I assume lol) and it looks like it will work great! I'm trying to get multi use gear and things that will grow with her. My dads going to get her a convertible crib for her 1st xmas (she's due 9-6 so I'm hoping the timing will work out). Good luck and personally I think the pack n play will be a good investment :)
  • I have a strait bassinet my mom found at goodwill and updated for safety, its the one I used for my first. I really want an arms reach cosleeper cause they are pretty slim. I'm going to have to move my bedroom around to fit the bassinet I have
  • @Kay_la_la were you considering the pack n play or bassinett? Are you just going to use a crib instead? I will be breast feeding so I have to get something so she can be close to me at night and there is no way I'm moving her crib into my room!
  • I'm doing the pack n play with bassinet topper also. Undecided on which one I want though, lol. Then for Christmas she gets her real crib.
  • Oh..I forget to add, the napper station part snaps into the pack n play and is also removable so it can be free standing and rock back and forth. Conveinant for taking from room to room if nessisary lol. Had to add that :)
  • Pack n play works well... Thats what my daughter had... For baby boy we have a family heirloom bassinet that my hubbys family all used... (We were in Cali when my daughter was born so we disnt have access to it :( )
  • The newer ones w/ the attachment work great if you have the space in your bedroom to navigate around it without any toe stubbing (older ones work they just sag a bit in the middle). My friend used one with a canopy (tent-like attachmemt) to block light out, and both her kids slept great as newborns. Unfortunately, both my kids have spit-up issues and had to sleep upright in carseats or swings.
  • @mama0811 is the rocking bassinett called a rock n play sleeper by chance or just a normal bassinett that rocks?
  • I've got arms reach cosleeper, the mini ones, has wheels. Doesn't take space and baby will be right next to me for few months than to her room.
  • Yep I used one for both boys and loved it..
  • I'm borrowing a bassinet from a friend. Her youngest is 9 mos so it's an up-to-date one. I already have a convertible crib set up in his room just no mattress yet as they're expensive and I won't need it for a few months anyway lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was considering the pack nd play! The on i looked at had a changing table and some convienent shelves on the side!! Plus i loved the pattern lol. Were not getting a bigger place till the 1st of september, so for now her crib is in my room
  • I HAVE A BASSINET MY FRIEND GAVE ME BUT IF I GET A PACK AND PLAY THEN HE WILL B USING THAT MOSTLY
  • getting both a pack n play and a rock n play. rock n play is smaller to keep next to the bed and pack n play for everything else