I have given up on my babyshower

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
I have decided to cancel my baby shower...Why you ask because my child's father has never introduced me to his family not even his cousin he kicks it with daily... I have meant his parents and we've been dating for more than a year...

So why should I involve him with my baby shower??? To me it would be painting a perfect picture and there is really no picture to paint... I don't want my family thinking that me And him are in a good place right now and we aren't even together...
maybe I will just do a baby shower for my family. ..What do you pregly ladies think? ???

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awww u deserve a baby shower just do one for ur family & friends... my fiance & i were having that problem in the beginning but i kno the ppl that means most to him so im not worried.... do wat makes u happy not him!
  • @angieahrens & @FiRstTiMeOct_mOm I think I will have one just for mine because I've had this baby shower planned for awhile and I am supposed to be happy right now and he is just making my pregnancy hell...
  • @mshahir I am the type who wont speak on stuff that I feel should be common sense I feel like I shouldn't have to teach him common sense so I just observe ... That's part of the reason I am not with him I feel he still has some growing up to do so I rather be single and enjoy my pregnancy by myself!!!
  • @mshahir here I'd an example I stayed at his parents with him for the fourth of July weekend his cousins came over and I was standing right next to my child's father and they all stood there talking and kept walking right passed me... this has happened often that was just the straw that broke the camels back
  • OMG! I can't believe he did that? Did he not notice the woman carrying his child standing in the same room? I think that would have broken anyone! You should most certainly have your shower and if you're comfortable include his parents since you know them. As for him, it seems to me that he needs to address the fact that he is behaving as if you are some dirty little secret and not the mother of his child. Does he have other children?
  • @TishJ330 after that I really felt like a secret and I never say anything because it hurts and I shouldn't be hidden because I'm an intelligent, beautiful and joyous person and I can't tolerate being hidden... no he doesn't have any other children...
  • Do a baby shower!!! I promise itll be fun with all ur friends and family..since he hasn't introduced u to anybody so what can you do u can't invite them cause u don't know who they are lol...plus it'll make u feel better about the who bd situation being surrounded with ppl who love u...i can't wait till mine on saturday!!!!
  • @newmomma13 have fun on Saturday I think Im going to have it!!!
  • I don't know if I could have kept quiet. You deserve so much better than that. SO this is his first child, and he's not shouting it from the rooftops and showing you off to all of his family and friends? That makes NO sense to me. I had to force my husband to wait at least a minute before he was blabbing to everybody. He sent pictures of the positive pregnancy test to people minutes after we took it LOL! You deserve the same type of crazy adoration. He should be proud of both you and the wonderful miracle you two have produced. You need to talk to him because he's not going to come to this realization on his own. As shameful as it is, he just won't. He owes you and the baby better than that.
  • @TishJ330 Thank you!!! I am shutting my mouth with him and I've been just preparing myself to be a single parent some people don't realize what they had until its gone!!!
  • just do it with ur friends n family so u dont have to answer to nobody
  • I'm married and my hubby wasn't at my baby shower, lol!! Mine was a girl's only event, all daddy had to do was show up at the end and carry the stuff home. So you definitely don't need to cancel your shower on his account. Have a party to celebrate you and your baby and don't worry about him anymore!
  • i would still have your own baby shower....screw him and i wouldnt invite him either lol jk but that would surely make me tick! Im mad for you that is not right at all, he shouldve introduced u to everyone and be proud of u carrying his child just saying..... :-W
  • @MrsThompson34 I am going to have itjust wont be actually as planned but hey that's okay...@laura536 yeah your right I think I will and my dad can carry the stuff to the car I really don't need him!!! @Mamato2boys the introduction thing was really a slap in the face for me I guess I was portraying a fairy-tale to myself smh. ..