Pork Chops----ideas?

edited July 2011 in Food
I am cooking dinner at my parents tonight, and I have no idea how to cook "good" pork chops. Everytime I cook them, they end up dry and nasty!!! Do y'all have any good recipes for good pork chops? ( I want to cook the little red potatoes and fresh green beans with them)

Please help!! Thanks! (:

Comments

• Shake and bake, cook them on the grill or Fry them in a pan. They should have pork rub at. The store if not just a little salt and pepper should be fine.
  • @stephforever89 Will it dry them up, its like everytime I cook them, I have a nasty pulled pork crap. I hate cooking them, but its what my parents want, :-S
  • I put mine on the oven with seasonings and add water to fill bottom of pan
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mybabe I do the same thing--sometimes even put some lemon juice/olive oil mix with water hoping it wont dry out and it just turns into a catastrophe!

@LMelanson That sounds so good! I have never stuffed anything (not bell peppers, chicken breast or anything) so this will be interesting! Thank you for the recipe!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @LMelanson Yeah, never. I'm from Atlanta- parents from South south south Ga, so they like everything fried. I'm not much for stuffed peppers- had it at fiances house, I had to politely spit it out, ha!
  • i take flour and add desired seasonings. Dip pork chop in flour, the in egg, then back in flour. Put some oil in a skillet and fry em til golden brown. They com out super moist and u can cut em with a fork.
  • @romeike89 I called my sister and asked her how she cooks them because they are always so good and thats exactly how she does them! Thank you so much!
  • I miss pork chops. Bd is jewish so not much pig around here.
  • ooh enjoy. My mother in law taught me how. I think im gnna make em too ツ
  • My husband makes wonderful BAKED pork chops.
    Take a cake pan, pour ketchup & bbq sauce in the bottom of the pan, put your chops in the pan and rub them around to get the sauce on the bottom of the chops. Then add more ketchup and bbq sauce to the top of the chops. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, set oven to 345, and leave for an hour.
    Simple, easy, and yummmmmmy!
    Good luck!
  • @Steph_Due_101611 ah, the things we do for our men (;
  • edited July 2011
    I put mayo on it and malibu seasoning on it and then bake it...i do the same w/ chicken..soo good!
    @LMelanson Im gonna have to try that...when i get pork!
  • @1stWoodsBaby so does that make them like BBQ pork chops? More Ketchup or BBQ sauce?

@romeike89 Good luck with yours!! Thanks for the recipe! :-D
  • @Beatrice1436 can you taste the mayo or feel the consistency? I cannot stand the way it smells or feels! What is malibu seasoning?
  • Yes they have a bbq flavor to them. But not too bbq'ish. Yes a little more or ketchup&bbq sauce on the top so both sides will be flavored. It makes a thicker type sauce and bakes into the chops.
  • Nope not at all....you have to try the seasoning they sell it at Albertsons and smiths..Im sure other places..its Amazing taste brand...it comes n a red package
  • @1stWoodsbaby Mmmm, I have so many to chose from!! Thank you!!

@Beatrice1436 I dont know what either one of those are!! haha, I will have to google where I can get it from around here, and get some! Thanks for the recipe!
  • Well if you ever find it...you should definitely try!
  • @Beatrice1436 I will definitely try in! Maybe I could order it???
  • You could do a marinated pork tenderloin? That's almost guaranteed to come out moist n flavorful. I buy em already marinated and bake til its at 170 degrees
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • one way I prepare them is I season them then flour and shake of excess flour... Fry them on med high about 5 minutes each side. U need a quite a bit of oil tho....

My kids love when I use shake n bake tho.. Never dry that way lol
  • My question is can I put them in a fryer or DJ they have to be panne in a pan?
  • We're having pork chops tonight, too! I was going to bake them, but now I think I might fry 'em! I use thick cut center chops with lots of fat on them, and I think that might be why mine don't come out too dry.. because all I do is season and bake! Good luck tonight, hun!
  • These are thin pork chops with hardly any fat. ERGH. Damn mom trying to be all healthy & junk! Hopefully they will be! Thank y'all all for the recipes!
  • My dad bakes them w/ italian dressing n its really good season them regularly n wrap them n aluminum foil and bake on 425 the other way is baked w/ green peppers chopped n a can n seasoned reg n again wrapped n the foil
  • @mommy2bof_1 mmmmm that sounds sooo good! I always bake chicken with Italian dressing! never thought of doing it with pork chops!
  • Stovetop! Stuff them or place the pork chops on top of the prepared stuffing and bake! So good! I season the chops with a lot of salt and pepper and a pat of butter on top! Easy!