Medication

edited July 2011 in Health
Has anyone had to take any prescribed meds from the dr while preggo? If so did you take them or decline them?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have to take some of my perscribed meds or I will die. I am a type 1 diabetic and have to take insulin. I also take a thyroid medication that is very important with pregnancy. I had 2 foot surgeries last year and have had nothing but pain since then. I stopped 3 different pain/nerve meds when I got pregnant and my pain gets so bad sometimes that I can't walk. The doctor told me to start taking percoset again when it gets that bad because the stress from the pain is worse for the baby than taking a percoset maybe 5 times a week. I think it depends on the meds, the condition and your doctor. You really have to weigh the pros and cons of the med and whether its possible risks outweigh the benefits of taking it.
  • edited July 2011
    Yes the first month I took zoloft, prozac, n amphetamine including seizure n thyroid med. Now I only take seizure n thyroid oh yea n prenatal vit of course
  • Oh wow. When I went to the ER when I was 7 weeks because of horrible pelvic pain, the dr gave me some pills for STD treatment. Granted I didn't have anything(THANK GOD), but it was just a precaution. I should of told her to wait for the results before she gave me the pills, but i took them anyways. I haven't taken anything else since then though. They say if you take something it has to be within the first trimester. Idk how true that is though.