People causing drama.....I don't even want to have my shower anymore :( (Long vent)

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
I don't have any family here except my mom. All of my family lives at least 14 hours away and won't be able to come to my baby shower. My husband's whole family lives here. They kept saying we needed to have a baby shower, but as time went on, no one planned anything. So, my mom decided to plan something with my best friend. It's going to be on a Sunday afternoon and they're having it at a really nice banquet hall that has really good food! I was really looking forward to it.
Well, my husband's aunt has decided that she doesn't like any of the plans we've made (day, date, location, time, food) and so she isn't going to help anymore and that she wants to throw a seperate shower for my husband's family at a much later date. My mom and my mother in law both think that is so stupid. With the money she would save, she could just buy something nice for the baby. My mother in law said that her sister is a control freak and has to have everything her way or no way. So now, she doesn't want us inviting anyone from her side of the family, so that she can have her own shower.
There are 2 problems with this...#1 She may mean well, but I doubt she will actually throw us another shower....#2 There won't be many people at either shower. I'm just afraid that there won't be many people that show up, and my mom will end up spending a lot of money for nothing.
Why do this have to be so difficult? I just wanted to have a nice day to celebrate the arrival of our first child. Every time I think about it, I start crying. I don't even want the shower anymore.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • screw that and let your mom be the bad guy- send out the invitations and if she wants to throw another later that's her prerogative. that's absurd. boo hoo for her
  • edited July 2011
    It's your baby shower! Forget her, she's just an aunt. Not even your MIL. Just go ahead with your baby shower, your MIL even know her sister is sort of over dramatic, so she can convince her or other family members to go the shower that you already have planned.
  • Ugh! Im sorry sweetie! All I ever read os shower bs on here! This is why im not having one! My two bff out here n I r going out for lunch n that's it! Mind u id I was living in ohio n not hawaii n had my family n friends back home id have one
  • Wow she must be a control freak! That's ridiculous! Its your shower. She's probably jealous that people are wanting to do so much for you and she wants to look like she could do it so much better. Don't pay any attention to that crazy.woman
  • Sorry to hear that I was kind of in the same situation my parents are divorced and my dads remarried so I wanted just one gift baby shower but my step mom is kinda like ur hubbys aunt and doesn't want to go cuz of my mom long story lots of history. I just took it upon to get with my bfs mom and my mom and they will be throwing and paying for everything but I still invited everyone from every side. I know my dad might not go which hurts me but im not going to let that stop me this is my first and I need all the help I can get but good luck you'll make the right choice in what ever you do!
  • Thanks for listening ladies. I'm trying not to let it upset me, but it's hard. I talked to my husband about it (he's deployed right now) and he is pissed. I tried to hide the fact that I was crying, but he could tell. He said if he has to, he will call his aunt and tell her that there will only be one shower and that he doesn't care if she doesn't like it. It's not about her. He knew how excited I was about it and it made him mad that all her drama was making me not even want one now.
  • Yup my aunt spent so much on my shower and outtake the 60 I invited 7 came.....
  • I think I might have 15-20 people come.