signing his rights away

I have a question about it. Can th father of my baby do that without my consent or no? Do i need to agree to it too? Bc im sure you do, then all th men who didnt want kids would do it. Let me know! Thank you :)

Comments

• I think u both have to agree.. Make the bastard pay cs
  • I am going to make him pay. So many ppl brought it up, it worried me a little. Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im in cali also. Thanks for the info!!
  • As far as I know, there is no legal way for a father to sign over his rights. Reason being, if father signs over rights the courts have no one to order to pay support and the state will then be responsible for the child. My ex husband tried to sign over his rights and wasnt able to until I was remarried and my husband was able to consent to a step parent adoption. Also, if the contract isnt legally binding, the mother can come back at any time and collect years of back child support from the father. I am just speaking from my experience and im sure laws are different from state to state. Hope I helped!
  • well beware if u have him pay for c.s. he should get visitation too... good with the bad
  • U have to agree but certain states wont let him unless u marry another man n he is willing to adobt ur child. That's what mu husband ani r working on now with my son
  • My sister had my bother in law stripped of his parental rights but he was still required to pay child support. He gets zero court ordered visitation. Everything is up to my sis discretion. That was in GA
  • @survivormommie3 he wants nothing to do with his baby. He was asking me up til i was 20weeks to get an abortion. He doesn't want visitation rights or anything.
  • I know in the state of Louisiana the father can not sign his rights away unless the mother has someone to sign parental rights to in the case something happens to mother because without a second guardian the child would become the ward of the state so in my case the only way my oldest sons father could sign his rights away was for my husband now to adopt my son so if something happened to me his step father which now his adoptive father would have guardianship over my son
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My friend has 3 daughters. His baby mamma wanted to move a few states away but she needed him to sign over rights to do so. So after they both agreed he would do so he still had to pay his child support in a lump some amount. There's so way your bd can get away without paying you what's rightfully yours. As far as him not seeing your baby though if he doesn't want to I think your lucky you know this now and can get that in writing so you don't have to trust a careless sperm doner with your miracle.
  • In florida you can sign away your rights and the fathers still have to pay child support and get no visitation rights. Seen a lot of women go through it. Seemed prettty painless.