what is happening ??!

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 33 wks and 2 days, and for the past couple of nights I've been very nauseous with major headaches... This is my first and idk what is happening, i get these period like cramps in my stomach and idk if their contractions or what, any advice or should I go to the e.r ?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm started feeling nausea again at 37 wks. I hear its a part of your body preparing for labor. The period cramps if x14347 and frequent then you should go to the doctor. It could be contractions or braxton hicks but better safe then sorry.
  • @mama_kat, thanks for the advice.. I'm a little scared because I don't know what is happening and my head is killing me!
  • @jcmommy, thank you too.. they last only for like 1 min and then go away but its not a lot of them.
  • I'm 33.2 also. With cramping, I'd just go straight to l&d. You don't even have to go through the er first. They can test for preterm labor, you'll be monitored for contractions & babys heartbeat. Possibly a sono just to make sure. Ask to see! I was to chicken to ask when I went monday.
  • Oh, btw I was having contractions, but *I* never felt them. Thank goodness I wasn't in preterm though.
  • Yea drink water and lay down, preferably on your left. Dehydration can cause those cramps which I would think are braxton hicks. If they get regular, grow in intensity, or anything like that, call your dr or hospital asap. Tylenol works for headaches when paired with sleep. Just try to relax and keep up with the water and you should be fine.
  • @mama_kat, sucks for me, I don't have any tylenol... Every since I've been pregnant I try not to take medicine because I know some is bad and can affect the baby! I try to tough it out but it doesn't work, I'm a big cry baby :'(
    @Caroline8_p, I was going to go to the e.r but I didn't want to and they try to say its nothing or send me home.
  • I never had luck with going without on tylenol. I have like 4 bottles around the house here because my son steals them for playing with. I have to take one before sleeping if I have a headache, otherwise it didnt go away.
    Something you can try in the meantime is pinching between your thumb and pointer finger. Its going to hurt, but it should hurt so good. Do this with each hand and it should ay least take the edge off. Good luck!
  • I didn't want to go either, but the pain I was in was excruciating. My mom & bf convinced me to go. I'm glad I did, I've been pain free for 2 days after weeks of it progressively getting worse. My ase, I had/have a uti, which from the pamplet they gave me it says it can bring on contractions. But my whole right hip front to back and down my leg was in sooo much pain.. somehow, that uti contributed to it all.

They aren't just going to send you home without checking & monitoring you.

I was afraid they were hoing to say my pain was normal & prescribe me a fancy name for tylenol. Plus, I hate taking meds too, I reallly hate it.

Pleade go! You'll leave feeling better, tired, but better.
  • Thank you all for your advice :) I need to go but a I'm a little nervous/scared... My doctor has never gave me a pap smear or checked me so I think its about that time I take actions into my own hands, they have me an ultrasound two weeks ago and said everything was ok, but I feel so sick nd weak I'm just ready for this to all be over with! I know pregnancy isn't as easy as people make it seems but I don't know why I only feel this way at night, it sucks and crying only makes my headaches worse :(
  • Ps, tylenol stopped working for me. Just go hun, wayyy better on your brain knowing that things are good. & your dr should have given you a pap at your first or second visit.
  • @mommyof1 I would definitely go in as those symptoms, while annoying, could also be signs of Preeclampsia. Just as @mama_kat said...better to be sent home knowing you're ok, than to stay home and worry.
  • I went today and was there for 6 hrs, I was having contractions that were 4-5 mins apart then 10-15 but they sent me home because my cervix wasn't dilated, so now I continue to wait... Thank for all the advice !