Does medicaid cover 3d/4d ultrasounds?

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I really want one but don't think its covered by state insurance.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ok thanks
  • I'm on medicaid n my doc did a 3d ultra sound n I was covered probably jus not if u go to a random place my doc has a 3d machine
  • i know some peoples docs do it free. a friend of mine whos pregnant right now has 4d pics from her reg ultrasound. mines won't. i gotta pay. boooo
  • I have kaiser and they don't have a 3d machine :(
  • It depends. Some Dr offices just do it. Courtesy.
  • edited July 2011
    Unfortunately they don't, but there are some docs that will give you one picture for free. You just gotta find them, lol.
  • Im with @Jess510... i have Kaiser but a friend with Medicad told me they didnt she had to pay outta pocket... idk where u live but they have resonable priced 3D/4D places in MD...
  • My insurance covered mine because we got the ultrasound for a medical reason (couldn't get a clear view of her heart in the anatomy scan) and I have Medicaid. If you have a regular ultrasound all you do is ask if they can do it in 3d and most techs are really nice about it, well where im at they are :)
  • I have medical and they covered mine because my doctor send me to a hospial for detailed 3d ultrasound.
  • Ok well ill ask my doc at my next appt. I just want 1pic for my baby shower cake!
  • I have private insurance, blue cross, and they dont cover it
    But I got two freeby photos during my 20 week ultra sound because my baby was being stubborn and the tech had trouble getting some messurments.
    Ask if their machine is one that goes from the regular to 3D/4D and you might be able to get at least one photo :)
  • @firsttimeoct_mom I live in California I found a 3d special for $119
  • @Jess510 thats really good! The cheapest i could find here in MD was $170 so ive just decided to take maternity pics instead... plus i had it done earlier on so i could find out the gender! Its really nice but since my son isnt cooperating on the anatomy sonogram like he sud the last 3 months ive been getting pics of him back to back for free! Lol so instead of doing that ill just use my free 3D pics in my baby book & get my maternity pics done like i really want :)