i am never touching myself again!!!

I did a cervix check to see if its gotten any worse cause ive really felt the pressure today and I'm fingertip dialated. Still have yet to have any type of contractions or bh so still a bit in her favor.
Last Tuesday I still had at least one cm of cervix left with some major funneling, but atleast it was something. Tomarrow she will be 29w so she had better go back to breech or something cause I can't afford a premie baby *mentally well financially also but def mentally* I have another apt Tuesday I had better not get put in house. I really couldn't afford that. Plus I have a toddler and no no that just wouldn't work at all

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hope she stays in there. Random question, how can you tell you are dilated?
  • I think you're worrying yourself unnecessarily. Leave the checking to a professional. Women can be dialated some for long periods of time without delivering. The stress of worrying is probably worse than being a bit dialated. ......my opinion.
  • I was dialated to a 2 for a month before I had my daughter. I agree, dont stress to much and as long as your water doesn't break I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • I'm more worried about getting stuck in the hospital then a having a premie honestly. My Ob has threatened admission before
  • Well I wouldn't be checking yourself, that can cause more cerivcal changee and infection.
  • How do you know if ur dialated?
  • Maybe you should mention your worries to the dr. Maybe resting more will help. Hospital time shouldn't trump having a preemie. If I had to id stay at the hospital as long as I need to to avoid having a preemie...if at all possible.
  • I've been on bedrest for several weeks now for short cervix. I know we are told not to selfcheck but paranoia trumps good sense.
  • Oh. I'm sure bedrests difficult. But constantly checking your cervix can't be good. Like @BentleysMommy said it can cause infection or you can scratch it & do worse to the cervix than good.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't constantly do it, today was a one off and I used surgical gloves. Lol paranoid not completely irrisponsible.
  • Wll I don't know. Guess you're trying to be ssafe. Lol
  • I was dilated for quite some time but had my baby still at due date...it happens.