is there a way to tell you are dialating?

edited July 2011 in Third Trimester
I'm trying to get my labor to start naturally I'm 38 weeks 3 days, I've been as active as I have the energy to go. I had some Sharp pains through my pelvic area last weekend that only lasted two days. When they checked me on the 37 weeks she said my cervix were really soft. I have noticed the braxton hicks contractions have gotten stronger, last longer and start in my pelvic area now. But they won't check me again until I go into labor, any idea?

Comments

• It feels like cramps in your v
  • I've been feeling bad cramps and pressure but when he checked me, I wasn't dilated at all. I really would like to know also.
  • I've had that a little bit, I just want him here lol. @snreda
  • @jcmommy I think its dumb they won't check me more than once. I've been having cramps in my stomach, back and when I walk I feel so much pressure. I think they should so you know if your progressing. They probably don't do it each apt bc so many women are induced
  • Just start having a lot of sex, get ' filled up' if you know what I mean. Walk everyday, and do squats (if youre able) and if all else fails, stop counting down the days, and stop wanting him to come so bad. once you stop obsessing, he will come.
  • You can do a self check :) my hubby checks mine for me. I can never reach it or find it
  • Since my 36wk they check me weekly. I'm not getting induced, so I'm just playing the waiting game. 39+2
  • My dr checks for dilation at every appointment starting at 35 weeks. Every ob is different
  • @snreda lol I know what you mean. I'll try doing squats, buns & thighs lmao.
  • @jcmommy I don't want to either, I'm not doing epidural either. I wish they would check me so I could know if I was progressing.
  • My dr won't check until 40 weeks unless you request for it to be done. Whiich for me makes sense but only because you can be dialted for weeks and things not change. Just seemss to me it would frustrate people more then it needs to. Don't get me wrong tho.. I am going to find out this Wednesday and if I am dialated I'm going to get my membranes sweeped. My labors are usually rapid and well I have a fear of meconium everysince my last child so they won't let me go over