Candy Buffet for favors (Pic added at bottom)

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
My mom suggested we could do a candy buffet for the favors. I love this idea, and I thought of it a while ago but thought it would be too expensive. Has anyone done this before? Did people seem to like it? What types of candy did you get and how many different types? I am a big fan of any kind of gummy candy, and find myself picking lots of different types of gummies, but I know not everyone likes them.
Also, does anyone know of a good website to order the candy from?

Comments

• We had one at my shower.. It was a huge hit.. I think orientaltrading.com is where mine came from
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's what I did. No one really brought the candy home. Everyone ate it there, the moms there didn't want their kids hyped on candy but it was still a big hit.
  • I wanted to do that.. but too expensive.. do I jus bought candy n made lil take home favor bags with it :)
  • I have never heard of this before but it sounds like an awesome idea! Everybody likes candy and as long as you get different varies, everybody will be happy :)
  • We had one at our shower.
    When you buy in bulk its not that expensive.
  • How do you do it? Get the candy and put it out for people to get things they want?
  • I wanted to do it but I thought it wasnt gona b enuff for everyone bc I have about 80+ guest. but I did yankee candles for my favor the pink sand smell bc im having a girl
  • Now I want candy ....
  • @misskristin Sorry lol

@MrsThompson34 I wanted to do Yankee Candles for my favors, but they don't offer my favorite scent (Juicy Watermelon) in their personalized votives.

@marie0907 Yes, you have different types of candy and you provide favor boxes and people fill them up with whatever kind of candy they want.

@mshahir @Karla_with_a_K
    Thank you. I'll check both places.
  • That is an awsome idea :) I want a candy buffet just for the heck of it lol. Maybe you can serve jelly bellys I know costco sells them in bulk :p
  • juicy watermelon that sounds like it smells hella good. I work for bed bath n beyond so I got 25% off bc it was the scent of the month n an extra 20% bc I work there :) but ive never seen a watermelon scent n we have a huge candle room.
  • Well, my mom decided she didn't want to order the candy on the internet, so we went to Walmart and she spent $200 on a variety of different candy. We've got 14 different kinds, so there should be something for everyone. We even got a small assortment of sugar free candy in case anyone is diabetic.
    We bought favor boxes, but they are pretty tiny so I might try to find some that are just a little bit bigger. I can't get them too big or we won't have enough candy lol.

@MrsThompson34 Juicy watermelon smells amazing! It is one of the only scents that I can burn while pregnant. I'm a yankee candle addict and have a ton of candles, but I can't burn them because I am so sensitive to smells right now.
  • ima have to check that smell out :) yankee candle burns the best.
  • The sign I made for the candy buffet...

Photobucket
  • Very cute!!!
  • This is cute and such a good idea
  • Thanks! It was a big hit....especially with the kids. It was so cute to see how excited they got when they saw all the candy.
  • It's so cute! I'll have to remember this for if I ever throw a baby shower.
  • I love love love it! I'm doing a black, white, and blue candy buffet at my shower. I'm very excited!
  • @lmelanson You totally should! I just ordered all of my candy from acandystore.com. You can shop by color which is awesome. Then I got the glass containers from the Goodwill.
  • Thats so cute! Great idea!
  • I love this idea!
  • Cute idea! What kinda bags are you using to have guests put candy in? Bags they can keep?
  • I'm having a candy buffet at my Halloween wedding next year...I love the idea...and plus...who doesn't like candy? I will have sugar free too because my brother is a diabetic
  • edited August 2011
    @one5one I ordered these adorable bags for mine to go with my zebra theme:
    Photobucket

I added the sticker.