Me and Baby Corrine.

edited July 2011 in Birth Stories
I thought I would share my birthing experience.

As many of you know, I was in labor for about 4 days with limited progression. On July 7th, at exactly 4pm, my water broke. I was 36 weeks, 1 day. I called my hubby first, and he tried to make flight arrangements to get here as soon as he could. I was admitted and an ultrasound was done to determine if she was ready to come out. She measured only 35 weeks 2 days and they approximated her weight to be 5lbs, 15oz. Two weeks before my water broke, they said she weighed over 6lbs (for those of you trying to induce yourselves before your due date, this is why it isn't a good idea). They decided it would be best to deliver her within 24 hours since there could be risk of infection. They started me on Pitocin at 6:30am on July 8th. The pain was excruciating. I took several showers for relaxation. They checked my cervix at 1:30pm and I was still dilated at 4cm. They upped the Pitocin. At 2pm, I was exhausted and decided it was time for my Intrathecal. They called for the drugs and admistered them by 2:45pm. I was still in severe pain, so they checked my cervix again. I was complete! My husband was still on his flight. :( He wasn't gonna make it. The nurses called the doctor and they readied the table. At 3:16pm (I glanced at the clock, lol), and asked the doctor when she thought I would have my baby. She said she guessed by 3:30pm. Eff that. I pshed for 30 seconds and my little baby slid right out. She weighed 5lbs 11oz and was 19.5 inches long. Freaking gorgeous baby girl! So tiny and crying so loudly. She was healthy as can be for a 35 weeker. She scored 9 on her apgar and they said she was absolutely perfect. Thank God! Not all 35 weekers are healthy. I was very fortunate. She started nursing right away and has had no problems. My hubster called me around 6:30pm and said he was in Chicago, and would be there soon. He made it there around 9pm and held our baby girl and just smiled and smiled. She fits right in his hand. She's amazing in every way and her sisters are absolutely in love with her. Thank you Pregly ladies for all of your support. I love you all so much! We are home and happy as can be. She is such a good baby and I've been cherishing every moment! <3

Comments