Boys=Rough / Girls=Sweet

Does anyone notice this behavior with their significant other and how they treat children? My bf is the sweetest and most caring father to his 2yr old daughter but his 4yr old son? We would fight all the time about it. He's not so bad now, BUT I can sense the difference and it bugs me cause I know I'm gonna flip if he treats my son the same way. Anyone else go thru this?

It is by far the most annoying thing about him if there ever were one!!

Comments

• My fiance is rougher with boys too. I used to run a home daycare service for awhile, and he was so sweet to the little girls, but didn't hesitate to be a butt to the little boys! And he will not be treating our son like that lol or I'll go postal :)
  • @jessica_Clayton
    it must be a guy thing!
    I guess he wants to man him up but I'm like if your son is gonna be whimppy there's not much u can do!! And of your afraid to make him gay u can't control that either!!! grr it makes me mad!
  • I know! I tell my fiance all the time that it doesn't man them up in the least, it makes them scared of adult males and that tends to make them more wimpy!
  • I worry about my bf doing that with our son, this is our first baby and I hope he treats him as sweet and gentle as if he was a girl.
  • @excitedforoctober
    u and I are hoping the same thing. I tell him it will break our relationship completely bc there's no way ill stand back and have my son knocked around... nope nope nope.

@jessica_clayton
    I think we need to tie up in a son and fathering class lol
  • I dunno.. my boy is rougher then my daughter so yeah he gets played with rougher even by me. Not in a mean way or in a harmful way or anything.. but I play dolls with my daughter and I play football with my son and it has nothing to do with making him man up, or him being gay either.
  • @kalikojenie
    that I don't disagree with. I understand the difference with a boy and girls characters in some occasions but with my bf its an unnecessary meanness that he has. Discipline wise especially. To him she does nothing wrong, absolutely no discipline, NOTHING. With his son its the complete opposite and it annoys the shiiit out of me and his defense is bc he's a boy?
  • edited July 2011
    My husband and I both do it. I don't have any girls but I'm real sweet and cuddle with my nieces but even when my son was a baby, we play fight and rough house. I didn't want a sissy child but he is the sweetest kid ever. It's just how you raise them. You can cuddle and treat them sweet, mom.